VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 26, 2021, 03:34 AM

I've updated the tracklist and added the new track 11 (refer to the updated Bandcamp release). For some reason, it wouldn't save the track length for me (I've pasted the original track list and then added in the new track), so it would be appreciated if someone could please change the length of "At the Bottom of the Night" from 4:31 to the correct 3:05 (and maybe also remove the two redundant tracklists in the process).
Old Mar 26, 2021, 05:27 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizer View Post
I've updated the tracklist and added the new track 11 (refer to the updated Bandcamp release). For some reason, it wouldn't save the track length for me (I've pasted the original track list and then added in the new track), so it would be appreciated if someone could please change the length of "At the Bottom of the Night" from 4:31 to the correct 3:05 (and maybe also remove the two redundant tracklists in the process).
All set!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:13 AM

Perfect! Another thing I noticed is that the album is being sold at a minimum price of $7 CAD (I've also edited the Chrono Cross & Mana Series Arrangements by Rebecca Tripp since this applies to many of her albums). Since it should still technically be "Name Your Price" as you can pay more than $7, I wanted to leave it alongside the minimum price tag, but it seems like VGMDB doesn't display my changes even though they should be contained in the actual raw data for this album. "Name Your Price" might suggest that the album can also be downloaded for free, which is not the case. I suppose as of now a basically fixed price and the "Name A Price" tag cannot go together, can they?
Nevermind, I missed the "release price" there, there was no price tag at initial release.

Last edited by Mimizer; Mar 26, 2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 04:35 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizer View Post
Perfect! Another thing I noticed is that the album is being sold at a minimum price of $7 CAD (I've also edited the Chrono Cross & Mana Series Arrangements by Rebecca Tripp since this applies to many of her albums). Since it should still technically be "Name Your Price" as you can pay more than $7, I wanted to leave it alongside the minimum price tag, but it seems like VGMDB doesn't display my changes even though they should be contained in the actual raw data for this album. "Name Your Price" might suggest that the album can also be downloaded for free, which is not the case. I suppose as of now a basically fixed price and the "Name A Price" tag cannot go together, can they?
Nevermind, I missed the "release price" there, there was no price tag at initial release.
On Bandcamp, you can make it so that fans are able to pay more than your minimum price if they wish (it's an option you can check when uploading your album). The "Name Your Price" designation on VGMdb is only used for albums that don't have a minimum price set at all, so for this album we'll use $7.00 CAD.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 01:03 AM
VGMdb Staff

When this released 6 years ago it had a Name Your Price model with zero as the minimum so this should be reflected as the release price. It’s always a little bit tricky with albums that the artist continually updates but there’s not much we can do.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 01:11 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
When this released 6 years ago it had a Name Your Price model with zero as the minimum so this should be reflected as the release price. It’s always a little bit tricky with albums that the artist continually updates but there’s not much we can do.
Sorry about that! I misunderstood that it was initially Name Your Price with no minimum.