VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 22, 2017, 04:49 PM

Default What exactly is Yuki Iwai's involvement in Steet Fighter II?

I am confused. She keeps getting credited with SF2's soundtrack history. Yoshihiro Sakaguchi does too, but my sources make it clear he did sound design in the early games, so that's not really a musician credit (i know he did SF1, but this is SF2 we're talking about), but where is Yuki's involvement. SNES Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting is the only credit i see, so that may count as a port credit, but then Setsuo Yamamoto worked on the genesis port, and there is no credit to him in that same history. SFII SNES lists Yoshihiro and a Tatsura Nishimura, who are seemingly more correctly credited as sound design in Hyper Fighting, (Tatsura is never included in that list either oddly) Even more strange, SF2 Hyper Fighting, which recycles music from WW, credits Isao Abe and Yuki Iwai but no Yoko. So did Yuki Iwai work on SFII WW and Turbo? Was it converted by Isao and Yuki? Or was the port of the boss ending theme done by her, or was she an uncredited composer in SFII CE/HF Arcade doing the boss end theme? Forgive me if i am putting too much thought behind this, but i never once seen her have any involvement aside from that one port, and even then, i don't know how they do their credits sometimes. I am confused. Even in the past, i was never sure what they meant with her credit in a situation where i would otherwise have a pretty good idea.