VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 16, 2018, 05:40 PM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album
Default Bonk's Adventure

Just curious, is there no album reference available for this old TG-16 game? I am thinking about doing a few cover songs from this game for an album, and tried the search function here, but was not able to finding anything.

Just curious, I would have to report song titles, etc, when getting licensing for the works, so would be good to have a reference, if one is available.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 02:21 PM

Very few TurboGrafx Hucard games got CD releases, and those that did generally just had arranged music. I'm not aware of any albums that have the Bonk's Adventure (or PC Genjin) soundtrack. There is one arranged track for Bonk's Revenge on one of the Hudson annual CD releases (I think it's the 1992 one), and there are a few tracks from Bonk 3 on the 1994 Hudson release.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Very few TurboGrafx Hucard games got CD releases, and those that did generally just had arranged music. I'm not aware of any albums that have the Bonk's Adventure (or PC Genjin) soundtrack. There is one arranged track for Bonk's Revenge on one of the Hudson annual CD releases (I think it's the 1992 one), and there are a few tracks from Bonk 3 on the 1994 Hudson release.
Thanks! I have seen one person who did cover songs for the NES version , but these are completely different songs than the TG-16, so not helpful at all in the sense that I cannot determine anything about the PC-engine compositions.

I might just have to set up royalties to the original composer and use some format like "Stage 1" , "Water Level" , or something like that is all I can think of. Ugly, but might be the only legal way I can think of performing these.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 06:14 PM

Ooh! Any plans for arranging Super Bonk?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Paladin View Post
Thanks! I have seen one person who did cover songs for the NES version , but these are completely different songs than the TG-16, so not helpful at all in the sense that I cannot determine anything about the PC-engine compositions.

I might just have to set up royalties to the original composer and use some format like "Stage 1" , "Water Level" , or something like that is all I can think of. Ugly, but might be the only legal way I can think of performing these.

Not as of yet, I am still in the middle of 6 Streets of Rage tunes, and then moving on to Out Run, Bonk, and a few more Chrono Tunes. But I just started making a request list, because I am totally for tunes that don't get a lot of loving. So I'll be sure to add Super Bonk.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 07:46 AM

Any chance of a physical release?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 04:33 PM

At this point in time , probably not , mainly since I am still in the red after two runnings of CD's for First Journey and Jazzyvania. CD runs usually cost around 2-3 thousand per run (mostly due to the licensing and art that needs to be done), so until I catch up a bit in making up those costs, physical runs probably won't be happening again for a while.

Which is sad, I really want to put a bunch more songs onto CD's (Streets of Rage, Outrun, Bonk, etc), I personally love holding a physical CD for video game music over streaming, but yeah. It's been hard recouping the production costs of the first two cd's given today's digital streaming age...

But hey, if anyone ever cares to spread the word, it sure helps a lot.

In other more positive news , my 3 year old daughter has been addicted to watching the original Bonk's Adventure the past few days, so this is likely to give me a push in at least making some Bonk tunes see the light of day in some way, shape , or form.