VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 30, 2009, 11:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

A couple of things:

Even though this is a film soundtrack, it's from a fan-made film, so I'd file it as "Doujin / Fan-made."

Was this ever actually released by the composer? If it was just handed to those who were involved with the film, then it doesn't qualify as a release, so it's not eligible for an entry. If the composer released the music later on, then it is a candidate.
Old May 30, 2009, 12:52 PM

Andrew released it digitally for a while, similar to what he did with the FFT doujin.

When I had my old YouTube account, he contacted me via PM asking if I could send him the files for his Zelda doujin, as he had lost them in a recent computer crash. At the time he had a website where he showcased his works, and I remember seeing this in particular and being curious about it due to the limited information it had. So, after exchanging e-mails and sending him the files, I asked him and was told that it was pretty much a promo for those involved in the project, but that at some time he released it by posting it somewhere on the Internet (possibly a forum).

Last time we communicated he mentioned he was having some publicity problems and ever since I haven't been able to reach him.

As for the classification, I went ahead and made the changes. Either way, it's specified for what this is for in the notes section.

Last edited by PsychoZeke; May 30, 2009 at 12:58 PM.