VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 11, 2021, 02:36 PM

Is the only source for this the play-asia listing? It's weird, I haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere else.

Also, we have a few official credits early thanks to a Yamaha piano sheet listing (italic names are google translations for which I can't be sure of what themes they correspond to):

1. Opening theme - Yasuaki Iwata (Title theme ?)
2. Information office - Yumi Takahashi (Resident Services ?)
3. Island Tour at noon (sunny) - Yumi Takahashi
4. 9:00 a.m. (sunny) - Kazumi Totaka
5. Nook's Cranny (upgraded) - Yumi Takahashi
6. K.K. Birthday - Kazumi Totaka
7. K.K. Disco - Kazumi Totaka

Small note: if track 2 is indeed the Resident services theme, then it should credit at least another composer (since it's a medley of Town Hall from ACNL and Nook's theme from the original AC). So these might be more like "music by" credits than "composed by".
Old Apr 11, 2021, 03:09 PM
Trusted Editor

The only other listing for these albums I found was this now-deleted listing on Google search cache for the BGM album: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...m%2F6955877018

It's possible it got delayed or something but until we get an official announcement of some kind we can't really know.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 06:06 PM
VGMdb Staff

If it isn't announced on (or before) April 14th, then it is most likely delayed. And no, Play-Asia was not the source for this submission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
Small note: if track 2 is indeed the Resident services theme, then it should credit at least another composer (since it's a medley of Town Hall from ACNL and Nook's theme from the original AC). So these might be more like "music by" credits than "composed by".
It's the Town Hall theme.

Last edited by cal; Apr 11, 2021 at 06:10 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
If it isn't announced on (or before) April 14th, then it is most likely delayed. And no, Play-Asia was not the source for this submission.
Oh so are there other sites referencing these?

Quote:
It's the Town Hall theme.
There is no Town Hall in ACNH so this must be the Resident Services building theme you are talking about (the building with Isabelle and Tom Nook).
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Oh so are there other sites referencing these?
Famitsu (with tracklists)
Amazon.jp (also with tracklists)
Old Apr 14, 2021, 03:36 AM

Oh so this is comming a little bit later than expected!

Also, the track 65 of Disc 4 confirms that "Opening Theme" refers to the game's main theme/title theme since it corresponds to this.
By the way, it's a sweet thing to include this remote performance!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:15 AM

According to Play-Asia release date is April 28
Also got a mail from Amazon USA saying expected delivery date is May 19 oO (shipped overseas)
Old Apr 20, 2021, 02:10 PM

Play-Asia have now updated their listing to the correct release date of June 9th
Old Jun 2, 2021, 06:46 AM

Any source for the credits that were added ?

Also, if those are all the credits we get, that means we'll not have a composer breakdown for the KK songs

On a small note: no music by Sayako Doi who is listed in the music section in the game's credits. Kinda weird.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 07:15 AM

I'm guessing they're directly from the liner notes of an early copy
Old Jun 2, 2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
I'm guessing they're directly from the liner notes of an early copy
If that's the case, I hope these are incomplete. It would be sad to not have any performers credits!
Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:54 AM
Trusted Editor

The edit note shows that the composers were taken from the Tower Records webpage for the album: https://tower.jp/item/5168985/
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
The edit note shows that the composers were taken from the Tower Records webpage for the album: https://tower.jp/item/5168985/
Oh ok, thanks!

Let's hope there will be detailled performers credits (we had that with the Zelda BotW and LA remake soundtracks, both also made by Nippon Columbia so I'm confident we will get them) and a composer breakdown for the KK songs in the liner notes (less confident about this one though).
A really nice thing would be to also have original composers for songs that are arrangements of other songs from past games in the series (BotW had it and LA remake kinda had it too with the GB version's credits), but maybe I'm asking too much lol
Old Jun 3, 2021, 08:08 AM

It seems the person who did translate the tracklist opted for a partially localized one. So I may have some suggestions to improve it with other localizations.

- 1.02-25 ; 3.21,24,27,30,33 ; 4.12 : changing "(Clear)" to "(Sunny)" could be more fitting since the arrangement of New Leaf's 7 p.m. theme in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was titled "Outdoors at 7 p.m. (Sunny)" (so this could be the official translation here as well).
- 3.01-02 : changing "Information Desk" to "Resident Services" which is the official english name for the building.
- 3.15 : I think "Inari Market" is a rough translation for Redd's shop but I'm not sure on that one. If this is the case, then the localized name is "Jolly Redd's Treasure Trawler".
- 4.03 : changing to "Bunny Day", the localized name for this event.
- 4.04-05 : changing "June Bride" to "Wedding Season", same reasons as above.
- 4.06 : changing to "Fireworks Show", same reasons as above.
- 4.08-10 : changing "Thanksgiving Day" to "Turkey Day", same reasons as above.
- 4.11-12 : changing "Christmas" to "Toy Day", same reasons as above.
- 4.21-23 : changing "Carnival" to "Festivale", same reasons as above.

Those are the ones I noticed. Feel free to discuss about it and maybe improve it further!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 08:39 AM
Trusted Editor

• 3.30-35: "Isolated Island" should be "Mystery Island Tour" or just "Mystery Island".
  • 4.24: I think this should include "Nook, Inc." in some way to match the company name in English, but I'm not sure about the rest of the name.
  • 4.28: I assume this is the ceremony for completing buildings/bridges/ramps so I'm not sure if "Institution" is the right work here. Previous games had "Public Works" but I don't think they're called that in New Horizons anymore.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 05:01 PM
VGMdb Staff

@Mentalo
I made the changes for all of those tracks.
4.21~22 do you know if there's an official translation for キメダンス (kimedance)?

@Toad King
4.24 - I changed it to "Nook Inc. Immigration Procedure Counter" but what's the official name for this counter?
4.28 - Changed to "facility" instead of "institution"
Old Jun 3, 2021, 05:31 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
4.24 - I changed it to "Nook Inc. Immigration Procedure Counter" but what's the official name for this counter?
I'm not 100% positive, but I think this is the music that plays at the very beginning of the game when you're first starting up: https://i.imgur.com/FwyvoK9.jpg

So maybe something like "Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package Check-in Counter"
Old Jun 4, 2021, 05:12 AM

Quote:
@Mentalo
I made the changes for all of those tracks.
4.21~22 do you know if there's an official translation for キメダンス (kimedance)?
I initially thought "Kime" might have been refering to Pavé's (the peacock appearing during the Festivale) japanese name but that's not the case : his japanese name is ベルリーナ / Berurīna so this hasn't anything to do with キメ / Kime.

But this most likely refers to his dances anyway (the second one is a slight variation of the first one with a some sort of cry added at the end). But I have no clue about how we could translate it, sorry...

Also, I did not think about it earlier, but since "Clear" was changed for "Sunny", it would probably be more consistent to change "Rain" to "Rainy" and "Snow" to "Snowy" too.

Last edited by Mentalo; Jun 4, 2021 at 05:25 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 04:40 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Also, I did not think about it earlier, but since "Clear" was changed for "Sunny", it would probably be more consistent to change "Rain" to "Rainy" and "Snow" to "Snowy" too.
I made those changes + my check-in counter change and some other small fixes. I'm still not 100% on the check-in counter but we'll know in a week.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 01:21 AM

So in the end, no composer breakdown for the K.K. songs ? What a shame...
Old Jun 11, 2021, 01:51 PM

I agree it's a shame. I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing music and I made an account to provide the following credits for the K.K. songs from what we know from other sources (other albums, interviews, and sheet music). Perhaps they can be included as uncredited. Hopefully this helps!

Disc 5:
Toru Minegishi: M01, 02, 04, 06, 08, 09, 13~15, 18, 19, 22~26, 28~31
Kazumi Totaka: M11, 32
Atsuko Asahi: M12
Unknown from Doubutsu no Mori e+ (Kazumi Totaka, Kenta Nagata, Shinobu Nagata, Toru Minegishi): M03, 10, 16, 17, 21
Unknown from Animal Crossing: City Folk (Kazumi Totaka, Manaka Kataoka, Shiho Fujii): M05, 07
Unknown from Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Kazumi Totaka, Manaka Kataoka, Atsuko Asahi): M20, 27

Disc 6:
Toru Minegishi: M02, 03, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25~32
Kazumi Totaka: M05
Shiho Fujii: M11
Unknown from Doubutsu no Mori e+ (Kazumi Totaka, Kenta Nagata, Shinobu Nagata, Toru Minegishi): M01, 04, 16
Unknown from Animal Crossing: City Folk (Kazumi Totaka, Manaka Kataoka, Shiho Fujii): M08
Unknown from Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Kazumi Totaka, Manaka Kataoka, Atsuko Asahi): M06, 09, 14, 19, 22, 24

Disc 7:
Toru Minegishi: M02~04, 06~09, 13, 14, 18, 19, 23, 29~31
Kazumi Totaka: M11, 21, 22
Shinobu Nagata: M20
Kenta Nagata: M10, 28
Yasuaki Iwata: M27
Unknown from Animal Crossing/Doubutsu no Mori e+ (Kazumi Totaka, Kenta Nagata, Shinobu Nagata, Toru Minegishi): M15, 16, 17, 24, 25
Unknown from Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Kazumi Totaka, Manaka Kataoka, Atsuko Asahi): M01, 05, 12, 26

Last edited by Chubby Bub; Jun 29, 2021 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:35 AM

It's just interesting to me that for the K.K. Slider songs they would bother crediting Shinobu Nagata on the album for her original composition ('Spring Blossoms', a version she didn't even arrange, might I add) and not Kenta Nagata for 'Forest Life' or 'K.K. Island' as would be assumed. And from there, Yasuaki Iwata is also not credited among the other artists despite the appearance of 'Welcome Horizons'... it's this small inconsistency that I find really strange.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatotunes View Post
It's just interesting to me that for the K.K. Slider songs they would bother crediting Shinobu Nagata on the album for her original composition ('Spring Blossoms', a version she didn't even arrange, might I add) and not Kenta Nagata for 'Forest Life' or 'K.K. Island' as would be assumed. And from there, Yasuaki Iwata is also not credited among the other artists despite the appearance of 'Welcome Horizons'... it's this small inconsistency that I find really strange.
She may have arranged (some of) the few new aircheck KK songs we have in New Horizons (maybe even "Welcome Horizons").
Also, I think that if Shinobu Nagata was to be credited for the reprise compositions of her original AC works, there is a chance that it would be with her maiden name (Tanaka). (this could also very well be the case for Manaka Kataoka, credited in ACCF with her maiden name : Tominaga)

But yeah, all the credits we have for this album are definitely not "composition" credits but more like "music by" credits (so in some cases more representative of arrangement than composition).
Old Jun 17, 2021, 07:34 PM
VGMdb Staff

Anyone know what music is missing from this soundtrack? There's actually 6 composers credited in-game but only 5 listed on this album (Sayako Doi is not present).
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Anyone know what music is missing from this soundtrack? There's actually 6 composers credited in-game but only 5 listed on this album (Sayako Doi is not present).
All of K.K.'s live performances are missing; the only songs that have live versions but don't have aircheck versions (as on this soundtrack) are the three songs that play if you make an invalid request. These don’t have official names and probably won't until the next game, whenever that will be, so they're known by their internal names: Hazure01, Hazure02, and Hazure03. (Hazure means "miss" or "failure".) Note that Hazure01 is a remix of the title theme from Wild World/City Folk, but the others are brand new. There's also a random song villagers will sing when there's no stereo… Doi could have worked on any of those I guess.