VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:01 AM

Does anybody know "Rudra's Hidden Treasure" has ever been officially used somewhere? Otherwise I think this is a literal translation we have to eliminate from the title field...
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:13 AM

Yes, concerning the game from wikipedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Rudra no Hihō was never localized outside of Japan; it was released late in the life of the Super Famicom, and western video game developers were already gearing up for newer systems such as the Sony PlayStation. It was however fan translated in 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudra_no_Hih%C5%8D
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:08 AM

I learnt the fan translation was released under the title of "Treasure of the Rudras" but still wondered if an English name was officially available somewhere. If there is no opposition, I'll remove this title (I also have to check some titles like Mamoru Has Been Cursed! which I myself used without knowing where it came from...).
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:47 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Go ahead and remove the title. When some of these early entries were added, we tended to use the titles that the community commonly used, but now our goal is to be more correct, so when there is no official localized title, we use the romanized title.

There may be a few exceptions for widely accepted fan titles.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
There may be a few exceptions for widely accepted fan titles.
IMO, the policy should be to keep around the "accepted fan titles" as alternate titles lower in the name field, but use romaji if there is no published English name.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:11 AM

I hope one day they reissue this album with an q for The Auarians
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:33 PM

It's absolutely criminal that in 25 years this album hasn't received a single reprint. What are you doing, Square Enix?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 06:01 AM

It's a long forgotten gem ... it was a pleasant surprise, that it was featured on the 2012 Battle SQ compilation, but that's all ... I hope to see a remaster / localization some day, now that SE has its "retro revival mood" going on ...

Anyone knows if Ryuji Sasai is still in the music business? Haven't heard from him since a long time
Old Apr 20, 2021, 08:49 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I don't know about his current activities, but he was invited (alongside Chihiro Fujioka) during a recent SaGa 30th anniversary livestream: https://youtu.be/JOPzq9Y3XEI?t=3932

It was pretty nice to see these faces from Square's past.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 01:47 PM

Lately, he's scored a bunch of shovelware crap that KEMCO shoves onto mobile. Music wasn't bad, though. Still, he deserves much bigger and better projects than that.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 03:56 PM

Rudra was too late in the SFC's life for most gamers to care and FFUSA likewise went under people's radars because of how rudimentary it was. The mainstream has no idea who he is, which is a shame since he completely outclassed the rest of Square's sound staff imo. But that also means his soundtracks from both Square and Microcabin aren't super sought after by Japanese collectors, so at least they're relatively attainable price-wise despite only being printed once.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertDankMemeHere View Post
It's absolutely criminal that in 25 years this album hasn't received a single reprint. What are you doing, Square Enix?
They did, on the other hand, put it out digitally alongside most of their other pre-SEM titles, while things like Gun Hazard and Treasure Hunter G didn't get reissued.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:13 PM

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music...EMO-00043.html

Yeah, indeed. They put it up already in 2012 it seems.

So, a digital re-release isn't some sort of a reprint?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 09:25 AM

Now that Square Enix milking it's old JRPG catalogue with revivals of several gems like the recently announced Live-A-Live, I wonder if this game has a chance for a remaster/remake and a Western localization? It has quite a fan base, doesn't it? Plus, I really adore the music here, it's so well done.