VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:09 PM

Can anyone tell me if this ost is any good?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:38 AM

Not very melodious. But it is ominous. I would take the 'Dark' in the title quite seriously.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:22 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I removed Tomoyuki Hamada from the credits. I verified the composer info in JASRAC and his name isn't there, nor in the tiny booklet scan I think.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:32 PM

the game was fun, you could play the bad guy and burn villagers
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It was so dark and weird, I loved it too. You'd literally had to kill villagers to keep yourself alive, while later the hero purified the remains for life too I think? Win-win situation for all!
The music is really ominous and unorthodox, really interesting.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:35 PM

I'm sure everyone knows all this by now, but...

Seems Tomoyuki Hamada is credited for "sound composer" (instruments/overall programmer, I'd imagine) while Takashi Tsumaki and Takeshi Sato are credited for "music" (the latter is also credited as overall sound director).

Yep, the dynamic even involves Lucu opening up areas for Falco by killing certain people. Very interesting game, and the music's fantastic... just wish there was more of it.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:08 PM

Added credits from the last page of the booklet. Got a lot of the kanji readings thanks to this album sharing a lot of the staff from Star Ocean Perfect Sound Collection. Only ones I couldn't corroborate were 坂田志崇, which I suspect to be a typo of Munetaka Sakamoto (member of T's Music, only one kanji off) and the promoter 小山正司. I also reformatted the English title to match the side of the case. If a trusted editor could just link up the mastering engineer and studio, that'd be great.

EDIT: I also cleaned up some translations while I was at it.

Last edited by Aifread; Sep 28, 2020 at 11:38 PM.