VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:07 AM

Exactly. A valid question, too. I hadn't considered how that may come across.
There were a few reasons I chose Xs in lieu of numbers. First and foremost I wanted to thank Chris by detailing my experience, my way of leaving him positive feedback, so others could know what to expect. Including the specific number of my Anthology seemed to limit the situation more than I wanted to. Conversely, including my location seemed pertinent to gauge shipping times.
Second, if these were mailed sequentially I didn't want anyone to read my post as being indicative of how many units may still be available. I've gotten too busy wondering exactly this and walked away empty-handed as a result. I suppose I was considering folks who get lost in the details like I do sometimes.
Third, and this goes along with both points, it is my personal copy. There's something really cool about a numbered item beyond its limited availability. In my mind opting to keep this number to myself is its own neat little bonus.

But have you ever killed three birds with one stone? I've certainly tried!
Some may interpret XXXX/2500 as a possible reprint or even a counterfeit which is not the case. I'm glad you asked. I hope this clears things up.

Also, I wanted to specify that the USB stick was not included. It sounds as though that was a pledge level bonus same as the t-shirt, poster, vinyl and Turrican ride. I may have made that last one up.

Last edited by waxattax; Apr 17, 2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:14 PM

Well informed sources point me that "Jet Pack Attack" (which of course received this name only in 2013) wasn't composed specifically for Amiga Turrican: Huelsbeck homages himself by using his own composition for X-Out, stage 5.

You can hear it, starting from minute 11:35:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeEmfFdyLlM

I took the liberty to add this info in the album's notes. (also in the Turrican OSV)

Last edited by The Gambler; Aug 13, 2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 06:32 PM

Just curious because the KS page still mentions:

"You get the Limited Edition Album 3 CD Box Set, numbered and signed!"

I suppose they went for 4 CD in the end? Or was there also a 3 CD version?

Also, the signature is on the back cover (the paper print), not the case or the shrinkwrap, right?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
I suppose they went for 4 CD in the end? Or was there also a 3 CD version?
Funding was so successful that an extra CD was produced over the original promise.

Quote:
Also, the signature is on the back cover (the paper print), not the case or the shrinkwrap, right?
Right.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:18 PM

Thanks for that
Old Apr 27, 2019, 08:11 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I find it shocking that an album is being sold like an eBay listing with ULTRA RARE in the title, at more than 3 times the original price (50 --> 169 USD) -- on the official website!

https://chris-huelsbeck-productions....set-ultra-rare

This is like Konamistyle finding some "lost copies" of Gradius Ultimate Collection and listing them at JPY 40,000. Which in fact they did, and they were sold at the original price. The Sega Shop is doing the same with some older albums that were out of print and have more copies available (here).

I've never liked Mr. Huelsbeck from the videos and interviews I've seen of him, and this helps confirm my feeling. He's now Douchesbeck in my notebook.

The kind of guy who would sign his own albums, keep several dozen copies of each and resell them years later on eBay or somewhere else on the internet for a big premium. ULTRA RARE. Watch out for out of stock items from the guy, they'll be back soon for 4x the price.

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Apr 27, 2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 06:20 AM

The CD's are available in four separate volumes on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HSLV8WV
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HSJ5B6S
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HSM23T2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HSLVBLV

They say they're manufactured to order. Has anyone had experience ordering albums from Amazon like that? I've heard of people getting weird CD-R's from Amazon before
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:46 AM

Clicking on "learn more" you get this page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...26640&pop-up=1
So CD-R yes, still the only way to get something "on demand".
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:05 AM

that was too good to be true
Old Jun 21, 2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
I actually spoke with Huelsbeck and he confirmed that.

Good thing you can have the data recovered if you lose it.
Amazingly I lost my data and never backed it up! There's a lesson here... somewhere

I realize this is way out of date but anyone have a back-up of the USB key to initial backers? It seems mine is corrupted so I've lost the OSV (or whatever was on there). Perhaps I'll reach out to Chris Huelsbeck and see if he can assist but I figured here was a good place to check. (EDIT, he should be able to help as he directly said he could)

Last edited by fahlim003; Jun 21, 2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:41 PM

The USB content is available on his bandcamp, split into two volumes. I imagine if Huelsbeck is gonna help you out he'll just give you a free download link for those.