VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 11, 2020, 09:13 PM

The biggest pain for Buyee for me was consolidating all the boxes into one big box, whereas White Rabbit will take them all out and put them into one box. And the fees too but they did months where “Shipping Free or the processing fees free” or something which was nice.
I haven’t used them since February last year so I don’t know if they still do them nor not.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 05:57 PM

So I found lots of stuff on Mercari that I wanted to buy, so I used Buyee. My first items arrived at the warehouse on March 2. Stuff kept popping up, so I bought more items up until last week.

Well... sellers are taking their sweet time, and it's almost the end of the month, but next to all my items it says "Free storage period 30 days left."

I looked at the storage guide and it says that the first 30 days are free and fees start after that.

Did they extend their free storage period? I know Zenmarket did.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 08:46 PM

If Mercari had a decent structure I'd be able to browse it like Yahoo. Unfortunately it seems made by progressive millennials who only had smartphones in their lives.

I guess Buyee doesn't have a countdown by day so all of a sudden it will change from "30 days left" to " daily fee charged from today" ?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 01:47 AM

For context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
I'm in .au so most restrictions still apply. The mistake I made was that I consolidated my packages so now they're too large to ship, and they refuse to unconsolidate it or split them up and ship multiple packages. So because of that, my stuff is just stuck there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
That sucks. Hopefully they can keep it until the planet overlords decide we can ship packages again.
Well, it doesn't look like EMS or economy mail anytime soon.

To summarise the situation up to now, the virus lockdowns back in March 2020 meant that EMS was no longer available and the only option was DHS, which was overpriced. So I just left my packages at Buyee... for one year (lol) and at no further cost to myself.

I wonder how many other people had no storage fees. This "no storage fee" (usually only 30 days free) grace period was only supposed to be temporary but I guess the virus lockdown/shipping restriction situation had more permanent effects than expected. I also wonder how big Buyee's storage facilities are.

Anyway, recently FedEx was made available (with prices and delivery speeds comparable with EMS) so I finally had my stuff shipped over. I wish I had my stuff shipped by cheap boat mail back in March 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
If Mercari had a decent structure I'd be able to browse it like Yahoo. Unfortunately it seems made by progressive millennials who only had smartphones in their lives.
The category structure on Mercari is pretty barebones. There's no "game music" category and video games can't even be browsed by console or game company.

To paraphrase a certain person and taking a more general view: the Mobile Phone Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the Internet.