VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 26, 2024, 03:31 PM

The description on the European e-store said that there's only a short version of the theme song in the album...
Old Jan 26, 2024, 08:12 PM

Probably so they can include it in the plus album or something to be sure people buy that one.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 06:05 AM

I wonder if there's stuff like the Jukebox from Remake, where they can add additional arrangements. It was definitely a nice idea for tracks which wouldn't be used storywise, like Barret's Theme. You can never have enough FF arranements *irony off*
Old Jan 27, 2024, 08:55 AM

Question

They said "tunes from mini-games", I highly suspect that Gold Saucer stuff would be in it (but I think they won't include main themes from there, but mostly jingles).

I think that Gold Saucer would be fully expanded in the OST Plus, or in Rebirth Director's Cut soundtrack...
Old Mar 19, 2024, 01:17 AM

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music..._edit_version/

Tracklist and samples are up (exept for Disc 7 because of spoilers I suppose)
Old Mar 19, 2024, 04:12 AM

I swear Japanese companies are fucking rediculous with their attempts at avoiding spoilers and trying to force others to.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 06:39 AM

Credits from the Preview Soundtrack:
Spoiler:

*"Toward Mt. Nibel"
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
Arranger: Shotaro Shima
*"Main Theme of FFVII - Battle Edit"
*"With Heavy Heart - A Seabreeze Stroll"
*"Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony - Seventh, Ten-Hut!"
Arranger: Ryo Furukawa
*"Listen to the Cries of the Planet - Battle Edit"
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu, Shotaro Shima
Old Mar 19, 2024, 06:59 AM

But... no sign from the missing jukebox tunes from the previous episode...
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon2010 View Post
But... no sign from the missing jukebox tunes from the previous episode...
Which ones do you mean?

Apart from that, with a lot of music missing, I'm totally sure there will be a second volume OST, like for Remake. I'm not even sure if 4 discs will be enough as there are a lot of cutscenes, mini games and even sidequests, which feature their own music track(s). And I'm only in Chapter 9 with my playthrough lol.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Which ones do you mean?
I was refering from Remake to:
*Bombing Mission (爆破ミッション (Jukebox Ver.))
*Tifa's Theme (ティファのテーマ (Jukebox Ver.))
*The Chase (クレイジーモーターサイクル (Jukebox Ver.))
*Main Theme of FFVII (F.F.VIIメインテーマ (Jukebox Ver.))
*On Our Way (旅の途中で (Jukebox Ver.))
*Cait Sith's Theme (ケット・シーのテーマ (Jukebox Ver.))
*Cosmo Canyon (星降る峡谷 (Jukebox Ver.))
*Stand Up (STAND UP (Jukebox Ver.)): Radio version of the theme - worth it ?
*Scarlet's Theme (スカーレットのテーマ (Jukebox Ver.)): ditto

I don't know if Intergrade has additional "discs"
Old Mar 20, 2024, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
I swear Japanese companies are fucking rediculous with their attempts at avoiding spoilers and trying to force others to.
prolly coz the OWA trackname could lead to ff7r-3 subtitle (cf. ff7r ost cd7)
Old Mar 20, 2024, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
prolly coz the OWA trackname could lead to ff7r-3 subtitle (cf. ff7r ost cd7)
Don't see the issue there. It's not like people aren't going to see it soon anyway. If that's the reason, it's even more idiotic than I thought.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:49 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
I was refering from Remake to:
*Bombing Mission (爆破ミッション (Jukebox Ver.))
*Tifa's Theme (ティファのテーマ (Jukebox Ver.))
*The Chase (クレイジーモーターサイクル (Jukebox Ver.))
*Main Theme of FFVII (F.F.VIIメインテーマ (Jukebox Ver.))
*On Our Way (旅の途中で (Jukebox Ver.))
*Cait Sith's Theme (ケット・シーのテーマ (Jukebox Ver.))
*Cosmo Canyon (星降る峡谷 (Jukebox Ver.))
*Stand Up (STAND UP (Jukebox Ver.)): Radio version of the theme - worth it ?
*Scarlet's Theme (スカーレットのテーマ (Jukebox Ver.)): ditto

I don't know if Intergrade has additional "discs"
Most of those are just pulled straight from the jazz album https://vgmdb.net/album/90334
STAND UP and Scarlet's Theme are both already in the main Remake soundtrack in full and I don't remember if the jukebox versions for either of them were any different
Old Mar 20, 2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LkProd View Post
Most of those are just pulled straight from the jazz album
I wasn't aware of that. I'm not truly interested in secondary albums to say so ^^'

Quote:
STAND UP and Scarlet's Theme are both already in the main Remake soundtrack in full and I don't remember if the jukebox versions for either of them were any different
There are just radio compressed versions of those themes. That's all.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 01:39 PM

So the regular edition got 175 tracks...
Old Mar 21, 2024, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Most of those are just pulled straight from the jazz album https://vgmdb.net/album/90334
Exactly, they're straight from the "SQUARE ENIX JAZZ -FINAL FANTASY VII-" release (an excellent album if I may say, not only for Jazz lovers). As for Stand Up and Scarlet's Theme, I think they're identical to their OST counterparts, but feature worse audio quality due Jukebox sound. Maybe they're shorter, too.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:12 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I don't know if it's just me, but after going through a bit of the soundtrack I think I've been noticing some... questionable? decisions in regards to the tracklisting. Not really the track selection, but more in regards to how each track is put together; some don't seem to loop, some seem to loop twice, some feel like they're way shorter here than in the game (Speed Square, for example), and some dynamic tracks seem to be here in full while others feel like they skipped entire sections (Anuran Suppressor, Battle on the Big Bridge, Chocobo Cup Final Lap, etc), some feel like they're just missing parts entirely, and so on. I'm not gonna bother looking for game footage to double check every single song but so far a bunch of tracks feel like they got trimmed to make room for more music into each disc?

I know that it's blatantly obvious that they're going to release a Plus soundtrack later down the line but I genuinely do not remember the Remake soundtrack feeling "gimped" (might be too strong of a word since I still like a lot of what I'm hearing) like this, even when a good portion of that soundtrack release was made up of shorter tracks
Old Apr 9, 2024, 04:22 PM

The big thing for me is reading Yoshinori Kitase in the liner notes specifically bring up the Gold Saucer date and the "Words Drowned by Fireworks" scene only for... the track not to be included on the record?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know if it's just me, but after going through a bit of the soundtrack I think I've been noticing some... questionable? decisions in regards to the tracklisting. Not really the track selection, but more in regards to how each track is put together; some don't seem to loop, some seem to loop twice, some feel like they're way shorter here than in the game (Speed Square, for example), and some dynamic tracks seem to be here in full while others feel like they skipped entire sections (Anuran Suppressor, Battle on the Big Bridge, Chocobo Cup Final Lap, etc), some feel like they're just missing parts entirely, and so on. I'm not gonna bother looking for game footage to double check every single song but so far a bunch of tracks feel like they got trimmed to make room for more music into each disc?

I know that it's blatantly obvious that they're going to release a Plus soundtrack later down the line but I genuinely do not remember the Remake soundtrack feeling "gimped" (might be too strong of a word since I still like a lot of what I'm hearing) like this, even when a good portion of that soundtrack release was made up of shorter tracks
That reminds me of when WILD ARMS 2nd IGNITION released and none of the tracks looped (or, at least I think none of them did). I had to wait until the late 00's/early 2010's when fans properly looped them and felt more like an actual soundtrack.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:28 PM

Why didn't they just add 2 or 3 more discs? I mean, soundtrack sets this size is nothing unusual these days for massive games like this. What I really can't stand is when tracks doesn't loop properly or just go for 1 and a half or 2 minutes.

Or they could went the digital / Blu-ray way like FFXIV. But I guess they wanted to stick to the magical 7 formula with 7 discs... this sucks to be honest.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 09:29 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Why didn't they just add 2 or 3 more discs? I mean, soundtrack sets this size is nothing unusual these days for massive games like this. What I really can't stand is when tracks doesn't loop properly or just go for 1 and a half or 2 minutes.

Or they could went the digital / Blu-ray way like FFXIV. But I guess they wanted to stick to the magical 7 formula with 7 discs... this sucks to be honest.
Keiji Kawamori said in a Famitsu interview that adding discs increases the price and they don't want it to be overly expensive, as it is already very costly.
Kawamori also says it was difficult to select which tracks to feature, because people involved have their own favorites. So I think if anyone understands the issue of missing tracks, it's them.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:01 AM

I honestly think they should have abandoned the CD format for both XVI and the FFVII Remake project and gone with blu-ray. I don't need (or really want) loops in more cases, but a six plus disc set feels cumbersome, especially when major tracks are still getting cut.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 01:42 PM

Question

Is Aska (Kaneko) Maret credited in the booklet as arranger ?

Last edited by Eidolon2010; Apr 10, 2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Is Aska (Kaneko) Maret credited in the booklet as arranger ?
not that I see.

Bit strange what tracks were/weren't featured, and just strange mixing/transitions. Here's hoping that the inevitable PLUS release has a lot of the missing tracks, as opposed to leaving them out completely. there are a fair amount a good tracks that weren't featured here too, disappointing to say the least.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJustDontKnowAnymore View Post
not that I see.

Bit strange what tracks were/weren't featured, and just strange mixing/transitions. Here's hoping that the inevitable PLUS release has a lot of the missing tracks, as opposed to leaving them out completely. there are a fair amount a good tracks that weren't featured here too, disappointing to say the least.
Judging what SQEX did previously, we'll either get a physical release (with a game that large, more than the usual 4 discs ?), or like former entries and what Capcom is doing, a digital release only ?

Either way, I just hope everything will be properly credited.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Judging what SQEX did previously, we'll either get a physical release (with a game that large, more than the usual 4 discs ?), or like former entries and what Capcom is doing, a digital release only ?

hmmm, I thought you meant as in song arranger in the first few pages, but I realize now that's probably not what you mean. she's credited elsewhere in the booklet, "Aska Strings" and "Aska Maret".

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; Apr 11, 2024 at 08:43 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 06:42 AM

Quote:

I don't think an additional 4-disc soundtrack will be enough this time as there's A TON of missing music from the game, which is not featured on the OST. And not only cutscenes, also battle music, the English versions of the vocal tracks (Stamp, Don Corneo's Song, Kyrie's Song, the Midgar Blues guy's songs (can't recall his name), the instrumentals, jingles or sidequest music. Some tracks are reused from Remake as far as I remember during the gameplay, but still I doubt 4 discs will be enough, exept they squeeze the tracks on them like on this release. We'll see in maybe half a year what SQEX has cooked for us with the Plus OST.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 08:12 AM

Quote:
the English versions of the vocal tracks
A few songs are also in French and German... (well, actually one song, maybe two if Don Corneo/Apsu battle theme is localized with the various voice actors)

If the booklet made general credits for vocalists, have to wait Suzuki's blog update to get proper info about their individual tracks ^^

Last edited by Eidolon2010; Apr 11, 2024 at 08:18 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:13 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
If the booklet made general credits for vocalists, have to wait Suzuki's blog update to get proper info about their individual tracks ^^
Was that a thing for Remake? It'd be nice to have confirmation for vocalists, particularly because seeing Sanae Shintani in the credits for Disc 8 caught me completely off guard. I'm pretty confident she's the singer for "Me and My Chocobo" (D8.10), and it'd make sense considering Suzuki's history back when the two were working on BEMANI, but any official credit would be great.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Was that a thing for Remake?
Yes, he did confirmed staff on his tracks for Remake (Intergrade and Mobius too, if I remembered correctly ?)