VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 29, 2009, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I wasn't actually sure if Hosoe was in charge of the SuperSweep record label, but according to the profile page, it says he's CEO. I suppose he deserves his little crown then. =}
Old May 30, 2009, 04:25 AM

he deserves a little crown whether he is or isn't to be honest really great musician, IMO.
Old May 30, 2009, 04:54 AM
VGMdb Administrator

He also linked to one of our album pages on his English language MySpace page:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogID=387596924
Old Jan 10, 2010, 04:57 AM

http://blog.megahan.net/2010/01/blog-post.html

He requests on the blog that we replace his current Twitter account by the new one.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Okay, I've made the switch, and saved the old one in the notes.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:36 PM

THIS MAN IS THE BEST FM SYNTHESIS GENIUS OF OUR TIME! his work on the 'FM SOUND MODULE MANIAX' is second to none, even better than tears which died. not sure if you'd want to add that to his discography, and ive never seen an actual physical copy of it, but maybe look into it. i feel shinji's best work is still to come.
http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphase View Post
THIS MAN IS THE BEST FM SYNTHESIS GENIUS OF OUR TIME! his work on the 'FM SOUND MODULE MANIAX' is second to none, even better than tears which died. not sure if you'd want to add that to his discography, and ive never seen an actual physical copy of it, but maybe look into it. i feel shinji's best work is still to come.
It's listed on his Discography currently. It's a good album, though I feel Under Defeat is a lot better. Xenosaga 2 (Game Rip) and Ibara are close.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:01 AM

i liked his track on that album as well. the whole album is nice, though i feel aihara and naruke wrote the best songs.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

July 2010: Looks like he's getting some new foreign attention, Shinji just got a check for 10 Grand from an American marketing group based in Minneapolis. New sound work commissions? http://megahan.posterous.com/22432556

Further info: It's the prize for doing PRISMATIC SOLID. http://creators.xna.com/en-US/news/d...ldspicewinners

Yoichi Hayashi and his team from Japan, received third place and $10,000 for their forced rail shooter with simple and stylish graphic spaces consistent of primitive and solid figures, “Prismatic Solid”.

Video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OHO-1oihDc

Last edited by Carl; Jul 8, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:21 PM

Shinji Hosoe Works Vol.2 (Ordyne, Metal Hawk and Dirt Fox, apparently) with bonus arranges by Yonemitsu.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:41 AM

Blackoak from the Shmups forum has translated Hosoe's interview from Shooting Gameside #6. There some interesting stories on it.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:13 PM

The man is one of my absolute favorite VGM composers. I used to be friends with him on fb, and he was very nice and appreciative whenever I shared my comments on his posts.

I love the work he did for Cyber Sled, SFEX2, and Under Defeat.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 09:26 AM

Based off of the most recent Supersweep Ustream show, the next volume of Shinji Hosoe Works will be Shinji Hosoe Works Vol. 4 ~F/A~. There is also apparently a remix album for this in the works as well. No exact release date from what I could tell, although the year stated was 2014. Most likely December, I'd wager.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:06 PM

I'm happy he recognizes F/A to be worthy of being the flagship soundtrack for one of his Works albums. It is intense. Absolutely not my style of music normally at all when done by anyone but a SuperSweep musician (and even then it's not guaranteed), but I thoroughly enjoy that soundtrack.

I don't think the sound quality could possibly be improved beyond the Namco Game Sound Express release though, and judging by the previous Works albums it won't be. I don't expect much from the remix album either, but we'll see. I'm happy just to see that awareness of this gem will be improved some.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:47 PM

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack release as well. When it comes to the remix album, I'm also interested in seeing where they take it. Will it be similar to the modernized, but still in the same vein, take on Operation Ragnarok remix album, or will it be something where the styles of the music are different from the source material? Although, that's most likely dependent on who is arranging on the album.