VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:24 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Like said on the notes, music is on SPC format..

I wonder if this could fit the database.. or then we could include lots of remix projects in various kind of exotic formats (mods anyone?) (mainly coming from the demo-scene)..

Last edited by Myrkul; Jun 15, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 03:00 PM
VGMdb Staff

I basically agree with you about this sort of thing. Though I would probably make an exception with this one since it was made specifically for an (unusually ambitious) ROM hack project.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 03:02 PM

"Demo" popped in my mind when I first saw this entry.

Makes me wonder: does this qualify being a ROM hack?

I dunno. I don't bother with hacks either way...

Last edited by PsychoZeke; May 13, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:29 AM
VGMdb Advisor

On one hand, limiting music by it's format is kinda reducing, especially on a VGM database that features tons of chiptune recordings ... Would it be more acceptable if they converted it to mp3s ?

On the other hand ... Yeah, it indeed feels weird ... =/

Maybe setting for only including doujins that got a commercial release would settle this kind of dilemmas ?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:50 AM

It would definitely be more acceptable if the musics for this project were made using the mp3 format since it is popular, however the arrangers had not that in mind since these SPC remixes were solely for this project. This project was never meant to be for a greater audience.

I say this entry is an exception that deservers to be acknowledged by Chrono Trigger fans who do not know about it and since this is a Video Game Music Database which is the perfect place for Chrono Trigger fans to find it.

Last edited by Metroid; Jun 23, 2009 at 08:07 AM.