VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 11, 2014, 11:39 PM

This entry is similar to what Brad Evans was talking about in MGS Revengeance topic. I personally see it as unnecessary to create a separate entry for exactly the same disc if the only difference was the method of distribution of that disc. Any information about how else could the disc be obtained can be easily and conveniently added to the Notes section of the original entry.
As it says right now on this album's page: "SRIN-1009 (alternate printing of SRIN-1009)" but that's the thing - it's not an alternate printing, it's the same one by the same printing plant, released at the same time. Some discs after being pressed went into stores in their own cases and were sold for 2500 JPY, some went into a Limited Edition box with the game. Same discs.

For that matter there are some albums that come out at Comikets prior to their release at retail/online stores. There could be a few days difference, a week or so. Different release conditions but if the discs are identical then there's no need to make an entry for the one that came out at Comiket and an entry for the one that came out shortly after.
It seems like a waste of space to me, and I don't mean it in a bad way. I'm up for cleanliness of database as well as organization of information.
Would like to see what other people think.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I agree, if the difference is only the date/distribution method and everything else is the same it seems redundant to have two entries.
Although in this case you would have to delete the game box scans since I don't think they belong in the other entry, but I don't see any additional info about the music on them so I guess it's fine.

And even if the catalog stem is slightly different but the CD is the same, I think it just needs one entry. I remember seeing some old BD enclosures as reprints of the same DVD enclosures and thinking it was unnecessary.
Old May 12, 2014, 05:01 AM
VGMdb Staff

This is absolutely the same disc.
Deactivated.
Old May 14, 2014, 02:32 PM

Well, I don't mind.

I'll note that for my future propositions then~
Old May 14, 2014, 05:38 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Booklet p. 01-02 is slighty different though (cat number, copyright, logos)..
Rest is the same. Not sure it's worth a reprint anyway.

Last edited by Myrkul; May 14, 2014 at 05:40 PM.