VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:08 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I couldn't verify the catalog number or the credits for this album. Do you have a source for the info?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:16 AM

I can see the catalog number at the bottom right of the front cover, although a higher resolution scan is appreciated.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:34 AM

Unfortunately, that image and this one are the best resolution ones I could find: http://img303.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/u...2tooh21263.jpg

I hope that the catalog number is visible enough at least in the one from Yahoo.

As for the composition and arrangement credits, they were taken from this picture: http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/pic.../186104014.jpg
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks, that's the evidence I need to confirm the links.

Has suruga-ya always had back scans? I've only ever found front scans for anything.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:49 AM

Actually, I'm not sure about if that is the back of the case or the other side of the cover.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 03:11 PM

I just got my hands on a physical copy of this album (pressed CD, not CD-R) so I’d like to help clear up some confusion.

1) If you still need a high-resolution image (300 dpi) of the front and/or back covers, I have uploaded them for your reference.

2) Album credits are correct. I came across this page while digging through archived versions of the artist’s website.

3) Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Surugaya posts back cover images. The pictures it uses, however, are of really poor quality.

4) (a bit obvious at this point, but) the other image in the scans is the front cover of the CD-R version, which came out before the audio CD printing.

One issue that I do want to bring up is the release date. Kalliope ~Piano Concert~ proper came out on January 7, 2007, so why does the accompanying bonus CD have January 17, 2007 as the release date here? (Was that an accidental typo?)

According to an old event announcement, the mini-album was distributed – in CD-R form – as a gift for every copy of the piano album sold at 2 doujin events held in January 2007. The bonus CD was pressed again in limited quantities due to demand (refer to link in #2), which was then sold through Akiko Shikata’s doujin web shop on February 10, 2007 for just one week.

Both pressings of the bonus disc, therefore, have different release dates: January 7, 2007 (CD-R) and February 10, 2007 (audio CD). Would a child album entry of Kalliope ~Piano Concert~ Piano Featuring Arrange Mini Album CD-R be necessary in this case? Same recording, different packaging.

Last edited by tfmc08; Jun 7, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 05:00 PM

Hmm, yes it was a typo on my part when I wrote the date. And I really wasn't aware about there being two editions of it, so thanks for the info.

And while the trusted editors and admins have the last word here, maybe it'd be a good idea to make a child album to distinguish between the CD-R and printed versions.