VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 20, 2013, 07:38 PM

A few things about this album. The credits are perplexingly cryptic and incomplete as they were printed in the book. Also, there's virtually no arranger credits for any of the "Band Version" tracks. Upon listening, it sounds like there were two recordings of the Band musics = the rock and jazz-rock tracks were likely done by a different group of musicians.

Though I cannot confirm, I'm 90% certain that some of these band credits are "T.WATANABE" = Takeshi Watanabe, "S. OHASHI" = Isamu Ohashi, "Y.NAKAMURA" = Yasuhiko Nakamura, "G. OKADA" = Jiro Okada. I'd say the "Dogi's" and "Dahm Tower" themes were all arranged by Watanabe given their jazz-rock style.

Ohashi is a fusion-rock guitar player, Okada a jazz bass player, Nakamura a jazz and rock guitarist. Nakamura, Okada and Watanabe would later play together on Falcom Special Box '92 "Super Arrange Version" so these members must have all been in session together here.

Last edited by XISMZERO; May 21, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
Trusted Editor

Doesn't the booklet say that Fujisawa arranged every track? OR where does that breakdown come from?
Old May 21, 2013, 04:45 PM

The booklet suggests Michio Fujisawa as the sound producer for the entire album -- I'd believe that for the chamber music tracks but not the band tracks. For some reason, those few tracks' arrangement credits seem to be absent but I'm willing the bet "Dahm Tower", "Dogi's Theme" and "Intermission" were all arranged by Takeshi Watanabe. Typically, the keyboard player is the arranger (when in doubt).

As for that breakdown, whomever submitted them should have supplied their source (though I don't doubt them). I'm guessing the submitter isolated all the symphonic tracks and credited Fujisawa to those knowing his style.
Old May 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
Trusted Editor

Doesn't the first page on the booklet give full arranger credit to Fujisawa, or do I just understand 編曲:藤澤道雄 completely wrong now. Takeshi Watanabe could probably have arranged the band tracks, but as there's no actual info about that, I think we should remove that breakdown for now.
Old May 22, 2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Doesn't the first page on the booklet give full arranger credit to Fujisawa, or do I just understand 編曲:藤澤道雄 completely wrong now. Takeshi Watanabe could probably have arranged the band tracks, but as there's no actual info about that, I think we should remove that breakdown for now.
The comments of Michio Fujisawa in the booklet (availabe here) seem to suggest that he also arranged the band version tracks. I know that Fujisawa is mainly known by his classical and new age-ish arrangements, but he's perfectly capable of arranging for band too.
Old May 22, 2013, 06:46 AM
Trusted Editor

So, here's the removed breakdown:
Quote:
Arranged by Michio Fujisawa (1.4.5.6.8.10.12.13.15.16.17)
for future visitors!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 09:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

tk_nz has a bunch of kanji for the mysterious performers, but since the booklet doesn't include a single one of them, I think they're probably just educated guesses.

T. HARADA = 原田大志 (Taishi Harada on Preprimer 1 & 2)
K. UEMURA = 上村かおり (Kaori Uemura, viola de gamba player)
U. MATSUNUMA = Yuka Matsunuma (I don't know how long she's been active as a musician but her credits all seem to be much more recent than this 1991 album)
H. YAMAMOTO = Hiroyasu Yamamoto
S. SHIBANO = 柴野さつき (Satsuki Shibano)

Y. NAKAMURA = Yasuhiko Nakamura
S. OHASHI = 大橋真吾 (Special thanks for the OVA tracks on Falcom Special Box '90)
K. KYOYA = 京谷勝巳
G. OKADA = Jiro Okada
M. TAKAGI = ?
S. NAKAI = 中井正剛 (Special thanks for the OVA tracks on Falcom Special Box '90)
T. WATANABE = Takeshi Watanabe
K. YAMAMOTO = 山本寛 (Special thanks for the OVA tracks on Falcom Special Box '90)

I linked Nakamura, Okada, and Watanabe because they all worked together on Falcom Special Box '92 as well. Everyone else: yeah, maybe?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
S. OHASHI = 大橋真吾 (Special thanks for the OVA tracks on Falcom Special Box '90)
Good find! Guitar player is Shingo Ohashi.