VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:38 AM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,378

- Added Keiko as an arranger, per the official website description:
Quote:
演奏とアレンジは、確かな技術と多彩な色彩感で音楽を操る新進気鋭の女性ピアニストKeikoが担当。
- Added track times from CD source
- Added English tracklist from various album(s) with some slight modifications to a few tracks.
- Removed the "From [game name]" portion of the tracklist since they are track subtitles/descriptors on both the official webpage and the back of the cd but here is the original tracklist for reference if someone wants to roll back the changes:

Quote:
01 「戦闘マップ1 プレイヤー側の攻撃」“暗黒竜と光の剣”より 3:08
02 「あなたへ続く道」“if”より 4:29
03 「はるかなる理想郷」“封印の剣”より 2:22
04 「Victory is Near」“蒼炎の軌跡”より 2:40
05 「全体マップ3章(解放戦争:それぞれの道)」“外伝”より 3:37
06 「出逢い」“外伝”より 2:48
07 「Father's Back」“蒼炎の軌跡”より 3:48
08 「セリスのテーマ/巡る想い」“聖戦の系譜”より 2:48
09 「リーフ軍、勝利を求めて リーフ」“トラキア776”より 3:38
10 「「I」~安」“覚醒”より 2:58
11 「神竜伝説(A)」“紋章の謎”より 3:26
12 「混沌の落とし子ユンヌ」“暁の女神”より 4:08
13 「貴様らが…姉さんの言葉を語るな!」“覚醒”より 5:37
14 「光射す彼方へ」“if”より 4:58
15 「過甚の神」“暁の女神”より 3:25
16 「if~ひとり思う~」“if”より 5:36
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 03:38 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,757
Default

Re. the translation differences with FE The Best Vol.1 on track 5 (I just adjusted that album's tracklist recently):
  • 全体マップ: I did consider "Entire Map," but "Overall Map" (it's the world map, really) sounded a little better to me in contrast with the "Battle Map" themes.
  • それぞれの道: This is probably referring to the two protagonists splitting up and doing separate things in the chapter, which is why I went with the slightly more explicit "Each of Their Roads."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 07:11 PM
Eriol's Avatar
Eriol Eriol is offline
VGMdb Advisor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 201
Default

I received the CD in the mail and added musical credits from the back of the booklet, which is in "Engrish." I skipped Sales, Web, and other credits, but can add them later if people feel it is warranted.

"Allangement" is spelled like that, probably due to the Japanese language lacking a hard "R" sound.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 07:31 PM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Re. the translation differences with FE The Best Vol.1 on track 5 (I just adjusted that album's tracklist recently):
  • 全体マップ: I did consider "Entire Map," but "Overall Map" (it's the world map, really) sounded a little better to me in contrast with the "Battle Map" themes.
  • それぞれの道: This is probably referring to the two protagonists splitting up and doing separate things in the chapter, which is why I went with the slightly more explicit "Each of Their Roads."

Agree with the first one. For the second, since they're splitting up and doing separate things in the chapter, does "Path" work better than "Road"? I haven't played the game but that doesn't sound absolute, sounds more like a journey/temporarily parting ways? I think a point could even be made for "Separate Paths" but that might be too far of a shift.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 07:41 PM
Eriol's Avatar
Eriol Eriol is offline
VGMdb Advisor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 201
Default

I speed-listened through the CD. Keiko plays in all the tracks while Yui and Yumiko only play in a few of the tracks. I have updated the notes to indicate where the musicians participate. I can't read Japanese, so I don't know if they have the musician breakdown listed in the booklet.

Last edited by Eriol; Feb 23, 2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Clarify
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 08:34 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Agree with the first one. For the second, since they're splitting up and doing separate things in the chapter, does "Path" work better than "Road"? I haven't played the game but that doesn't sound absolute, sounds more like a journey/temporarily parting ways? I think a point could even be made for "Separate Paths" but that might be too far of a shift.
What happens is a landslide separates the protagonists, so they go and do war things with their own groups for a while and rejoin in a later chapter. Overworld movement in the game happens along predefined roads between places, so you could make a case for both physical roads or the overall journeys. I don't have a strong preference here between "path" or "road" or what have you.

I kinda like something to the effect of "Separate Paths," to be honest!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:50 AM
ssri ssri is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20
Default

The flutist is likely (all links are of the same person, Yumiko):

https://www.yumikoflute.com
https://www.facebook.com/pg/fluteyumiko
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu1...g-nlqQPr-iEAlQ

She's played with Keiko Osaki in the past: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxhhOduahDE

I can't read Japanese, so I cannot figure out her full name.

EDIT: Confirmed she's on this album:

Quote:
、ファイヤーエムブレム「「FIRE EMBLEM MUSIC COLLECTION : PIANO ~Faith & Engagement~」」などの作品にも参加。
Source: https://www.yumikoflute.com/profile-1/

Last edited by ssri; Oct 22, 2017 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 01:00 AM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,757
Default

Her full name is Yumiko Matsuzawa (松澤由美子)

I looked her up before, but she doesn't have any other albums here at the moment so I didn't feel like making her an artist page.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 07:13 AM
ssri ssri is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Her full name is Yumiko Matsuzawa (松澤由美子)

I looked her up before, but she doesn't have any other albums here at the moment so I didn't feel like making her an artist page.
Thanks for the info. I just find it frustrating to see only the artist's first name and no other info on this site sometimes. An artist needing more than one release for an entry is news to me. I thought the aim of this site was 'to provide a comprehensive set of resources for researching video game music' and 'to catalogue every video game music album ever released.'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 09:56 AM
Shively's Avatar
Shively Shively is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10
Default

Hey guys , long time lurker. Look, my girlfriend is Japanese and guess what, she loves Fire Emblem!! I am going to ask her to translate this track list if you still need it translated, let me know!!
__________________
Enjoy the music...

Last edited by Shively; Oct 22, 2017 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 05:30 PM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssri View Post
Thanks for the info. I just find it frustrating to see only the artist's first name and no other info on this site sometimes. An artist needing more than one release for an entry is news to me. I thought the aim of this site was 'to provide a comprehensive set of resources for researching video game music' and 'to catalogue every video game music album ever released.'
Yes, and that responsibility falls on the limited number of Trusted Editors and Staff to review updates and edits for accuracy. It's not a full time job for any of us, just a hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =ssri View Post
Hey guys , long time lurker. Look, my girlfriend is Japanese and guess what, she loves Fire Emblem!! I am going to ask her to translate this track list if you still need it translated, let me know!!
Please continue lurking, you have made 0 meaningful contributions outside of trolling the vgm community for going on 15 years.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 06:56 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssri View Post
Thanks for the info. I just find it frustrating to see only the artist's first name and no other info on this site sometimes. An artist needing more than one release for an entry is news to me. I thought the aim of this site was 'to provide a comprehensive set of resources for researching video game music' and 'to catalogue every video game music album ever released.'
There's no rule against it, and there are certainly a lot of people who have artist pages while only appearing on one album. I was just explaining why I didn't bother to make one here, because as dancey said, generally speaking there are a lot of things I'd rather spend my time here on than making pages for every single one-off performer. Just prioritization of the things I'm interested in and value I feel I'm adding to the site doing certain tasks.

It's definitely useful to hear that you, as a user, find that kind of info valuable, though!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSZM-0076~80: Fire Emblem Echoes: Mou Hitori no Eiyuu Ou Original Soundtrack Frostwraith Album Discussions 23 Nov 14, 2020 07:16 AM
TSZM-0049~56: Fire Emblem if ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Kenology Album Discussions 21 Aug 16, 2019 07:55 PM
TSCM-0081: FIRE EMBLEM MUSIC COLLECTION: SESSION ~Flower of Enchantment~ XISMZERO Album Discussions 4 Oct 27, 2018 04:16 AM
TSZM-0035~9: Fire Emblem Best Collection Series Fire Emblem: Kakusei... (reprint) dancey Album Discussions 8 Jan 18, 2016 09:21 AM
COCA-6675: Fire Emblem ~Character Theme Collection~ XISMZERO Album Discussions 2 Mar 21, 2015 07:58 AM