VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:24 PM

Default An useful feature for collectors with many albumns

Well I have been here for while and like the way the search feature works however something is missing there. We have 3 fields as:

Catalogue Number
Album Title
Release Date

I have constantly been updating my collection and time to time I get confused by the fact many albums are reprints or some have identical names but differ by catalogue number of course.

I was wondering if it was possible to show the albums that we own while searching an example:

If I search for a key word like "Castle" all words or names will be showed or got from the database then they will show me all related to those 6 letters but it will never show which own I won. The only way to find them is by clicking and check if its "already in my collection" string or text.

I was thinking about to use a symbol or image like the reprint to show that we won the albums. The reprint is yellow with a letter R in the in the centre of the round yellow ball. I was thinking if was possible to create another field telling us while we were searching in a list of in the case the "Castle" word is returned 48 matches of these 48 matches it should tell us which one we won.

I think that would be an awesome feature for people with a huge collection.

What do you gentle men or women think about?

Last edited by Metroid; Apr 13, 2009 at 09:26 PM.