VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:36 AM

This is almost the same as FVCG-1106, except that it doesn't have the track "technovision Short Ver." and is missing the drama CD. One thing I'm unsure about is the date this was released. iTunes UK shows Feb 26, 2010 which is roughy 3 weeks after the JP OST release but I kind of doubt that this album has gone on for so long without having been added to the database. Can anyone shine a light on when this could have possibly been released?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:44 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

mora.jp have 2015.08.26, so i'd go with that personally.
It could be 2010 too, most iTunes digital releases are not added to the database because they are not often needed.

This release is different from the CD version, so why not.
But most users/listeners will not buy it anyway because it is incomplete.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
mora.jp have 2015.08.26, so i'd go with that personally.
Sounds reasonable. It really irks me that iTunes does not show the exact date something is added unlike Amazon. Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:55 AM
VGMdb Staff

Eh, these digital-but-missing-one-track albums are pointless clutter.

I honestly think they shouldn't be allowed. If people really want them here they can just add a link to it on the original album page.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Eh, these digital-but-missing-one-track albums are pointless clutter.

I honestly think they shouldn't be allowed. If people really want them here they can just add a link to it on the original album page.
Well, it's not just a single track. It does not have the drama CD that the original included. Also, it appears that FVCG-1106 is not available digitally in any form. This is the only way to buy the game's OST without importing.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 09:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm agreed with Oniros. In other instances I'd just list in the "Notes" section that digital version exists, minus one track, and link to its purchase page.

But this one really does have significant differences, and it is apparently published in the UK based on the currency...?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
I'm agreed with Oniros. In other instances I'd just list in the "Notes" section that digital version exists, minus one track, and link to its purchase page.

But this one really does have significant differences, and it is apparently published in the UK based on the currency...?
The iTunes UK listing was the first one I spotted, but it has been released in Japan as well. Based on pure speculation, perhaps the album is available there because PQube, the company that localized the game for PS3 and Vita in 2015, is based there. Could have been part of the licensing agreement, I dunno.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:09 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniros View Post
Well, it's not just a single track. It does not have the drama CD that the original included. Also, it appears that FVCG-1106 is not available digitally in any form.
Whether it's missing 1 track or missing 10 tracks makes no difference to me. The point is that it's missing tracks. It adds nothing new.

I simply don't think digital albums with less tracks than the original are worthy of being submitted. Albums that have additional tracks are what I would define as significant. This is my opinion.

Quote:
This is the only way to buy the game's OST without importing.
Again, I still believe that a link on the main album page would suffice.

Quote:
The iTunes UK listing was the first one I spotted, but it has been released in Japan as well.
It's a Japanese publisher so the JPY price should be used.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:16 AM

If someone could link the album to the game's product page it would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Whether it's missing 1 track or missing 10 tracks makes no difference to me. The point is that it's missing tracks. It adds nothing new.

I simply don't think digital albums with less tracks than the original are worthy of being submitted. Albums that have additional tracks are what I would define as significant. This is my opinion.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Under that rationale, someone could argue that even physical albums with less tracks (like most OST samplers even releases from Japanese game OSTs in the West) could fall into this category because they "add nothing new".

A database should strive to be as comprehensive as possible. It's even stated on the very first sentence of the VGMdb's About Us. And it's not that by adding releases like this detracts from the quality of the site as a whole. A single track or two of difference between releases it's not worth the new entry IMO. But more than that should be enough for its own entry, if only for consistency's sake.