VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:28 PM

Not bad, Washu; you certainly did a commendable effort with this release. I followed you on YT after having watched the preview you put up, and was actually looking forward to the release. I still think you could've taken some more time in order to include at least three more pieces, but overall this was truly an enjoyable listen. Hope to hear more of your material soon. =)

Oh, and props for the cool cover art, too. =D

Kudos!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 02:33 PM

I finally listened to this album after I downloaded it days ago. Wow. Really, WOW. This album is gorgeous. I know that may not be the way to describe a soundtrack, but really, this work is just that.

You don't really even need to be familiar with the NES tracks to appreciate this album, I mean it may help some, but I'm pretty sure there never was a full soundtrack release for this game. I think a couple of tracks from Capcom Music Collection vol. 0 prologue were the only things that ever saw the light of day on any type of soundtrack. I should go back and listen to those tracks to see if any of them were arranged here, but really, this album stands just fine on it's own.

This isn't my first time hearing some of Washudoll's arrangements, so I shouldn't be too surprised, but this is really amazing stuff.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:48 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Hi Reg. Thanks for such a detailed description of the music. No but really, most discussions here are about finding more info about the composers and what not, which his definitely beneficial, but I like to know more about what people think of the music as well.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.

Last edited by KeyLogic; Jan 8, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old May 1, 2010, 08:31 PM

Very awesome that a tribute album for this game was made. It's one of my most memorable games and STs from the NES era.

- Justin Pfeiffer
Old May 1, 2010, 09:00 PM

Just listened to the album. Very good indeed! Great songs choices and excellent, clean arrangement style by Washudoll that keeps close to the original, but is different enough to add the perfect amount of extra flavor. It is evident that Washudoll really felt the music from this game.

It is unfortunate however, that the bass and lows seem to be way too soft. The overall sound was damaged by this I think. It's always important to listen to things and do last minute sound checks on various equipment and set-ups to see if anything like this occurs. It would be great if Washudoll released "2.0" version of it with the bass adjusted and maybe a few more songs like PsychoZeke said.

- Justin Pfeiffer