VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:15 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Could you provide a scan of the credits? The one submitted here don't quite match the ones on anison generation.

http://anison.info/data/source/10392.html
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:41 AM

I could probably get some scans up later, but what exactly doesn't match?

Also this shouldn't be a reprint of the Japanese release because the tracklist is a bit different. That one only has the shorter "Xavier's Edit" of Guardian Angel, while the US release has the full version.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know they made any track changes for these Pioneer/Geneon US releases, so this is a very interesting case. I've unhooked the albums.

The first thing I noticed was Ben Watson listed under Lyrics and Arrangement for track 2. Anison isn't always right, and credits in the album take precedence. However, now that I know it's a different track, the difference makes more sense.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:50 AM

Well, it's the same track, just a different mix, and apart from a few spoken words there aren't really any lyrics in it.

The booklet for the US version just lists "Music: Ben Watkins, Mike Maguire" for "Guardian Angel" so I assumed they were both composers. If a track has no clear credit for "Arranged/remixed by", is it necessary to list the composer again in the arranger field?

The booklet does however mention that the shorter version on the Japanese release was remixed by one "D.J. Xavier", so perhaps that should be added to the arranger credit on that release.