VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:18 AM

Just discovered a Game Freak game that was composed for by Go Ichinose that I didn't know about before, called "Click Medic". Someone posted about it on the psf rippers yahoogroup mailing list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDqSZub7Dag

Some great tunes in this, nothing like his Pokémon stuff though.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:50 PM

While a lot of that is clearly done by Masuda, there's some Ichinose in Click Medic alright. I really want a .PSF rip, mainly because I know a friend elsewhere who wants one (and I'd like to give it to him).

If we're here to talk Ichinose, though: has there been any confirmation that he did the soundtrack to Pokemon Pinball? I don't think anyone's figured that out for certain. An interview is in order!

And so is a Drill Dozer album release. Still some of his best stand-alone tracks, and a wondrous soundtrack overall.

Last edited by DragoonEnRegalia; Jun 23, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:22 PM

Ichinose was featured in the latest Pokémon album release for Pokémon Black & White 2. Alongside the new game's soundtrack, his work on Pokémon Emerald is featured. Amazing arrangements and music from Ichinose, all-around.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonEnRegalia View Post
If we're here to talk Ichinose, though: has there been any confirmation that he did the soundtrack to Pokemon Pinball? I don't think anyone's figured that out for certain. An interview is in order!
His Twitter account contains a list of all games he has composed music for, and "Pokémon Pinball" appears among them. I guess that's pretty much enough confirmation.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 06:37 AM

MORE ICHINOSE : https://youtu.be/T7UT8eeMigg?t=59
(That bass just screams "ICHINOSE" ! )

That one also sounds a lot like his work !
https://youtu.be/T7UT8eeMigg?t=277

I hope he'll do a greater amount of compositions than in Sun and Moon... I really love his music !

P.S. : I guess the second tune we hear in this video kinda sounds like Adachi ? ( https://youtu.be/T7UT8eeMigg?t=213 )
Old Feb 27, 2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
P.S. : I guess the second tune we hear in this video kinda sounds like Adachi ? ( https://youtu.be/T7UT8eeMigg?t=213 )
The melody kinda gives me certain Hoenn vibes, so I'd assume that was Ichinose as well (it's hard to distinguish, but I think it might even use some of his instrumentation from Pocket Card Jockey / Sun & Moon)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:52 AM

In an interview on the official Pokémon website, Go Ichinose and Minako Adachi have been revealed as the primary composers of Pokémon Sword & Shield.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 03:15 AM

With the different music we heard, it seems Ichinose will have a greater role in the soundtrack of Sword and Shield than in the one for Sun and Moon, and that's really cool ! Oh and it seems that night versions of some music are back (most likely at least for the towns and cities, and maybe for the routes themes) :
- https://youtu.be/ho-hxhCInUQ?t=58 seems to be the night version of https://youtu.be/T7UT8eeMigg?t=277
- https://youtu.be/-K1YzDD31MU?t=53 seems to be the night version of https://youtu.be/uGR9dc0Ny1E?t=278

I was really disappointed that he did not do a lot of music in Sun and Moon (even if some of his music in the games were wonderful, like Lonely Lillie, Konikoni City (Day), Battle! (Island Kahuna) or Gladion's Theme for example).
And I'm not even talking about the X and Y soundtrack... Not having Ichinose on board (and with Sato having a very very small role) made the soundtrack so boring to me... It really lacked the kind of crazyness that Ichinose brings to his music.

Oh and did I say that I love what seems to be Bede's battle theme ?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 09:36 AM

Minako Adachi (almost all the the new music we heard in the Pokémo Direct) and Go Ichinose (this specific music) seem to return for the soundtrack of the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass.

Also, the existence of the Expansion Pass explains why the official soundtrack of the games hasn't released yet !
Old May 19, 2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBM95 View Post
His Twitter account contains a list of all games he has composed music for, and "Pokémon Pinball" appears among them. I guess that's pretty much enough confirmation.
Whoa, good find!! Finally an answer for why the Ecruteak theme was in there before Gold and Silver.

And opinions on the expansion passes aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how accurate everyone's guesses have been.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:28 PM

Since we are discussing Sword/Shield music in this thread, I'll mention that Hitomi Sato has been added to the game's sound credits with the Isle of Armor DLC update.

Last edited by RBM95; Jun 24, 2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Since we are discussing Sword/Shield music in this thread, I'll mention that Hitomi Sato has been added to the game's sound credits with the Isle of Armor DLC update.
It's cool to see her return to the series, even if most of the Isle of Armor DLC's music seems to be Adachi's.
Judging by style, I guess Sato did Avery's Theme.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 08:03 AM

The highly based ONION_MU Tweeted "good job on Avery's theme!" to her, which she then proceeded to like. He also found that the settings on the guitar VST were the same as on one of her tracks for X and Y.

It's also suspected she did Klara's theme, and that the rest are Minako Adachi compositions/arrangements.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Yet another addition: now Junichi Masuda is credited for sound as well on the Crown Tundra DLC update.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 09:35 AM

These were very safe bets but this album is confirming a few songs credits from Sword and Shield :

Go Ichinose :
- Battle! (Wild Pokémon)
- Battle! (Trainer)

Minako Adachi :
- Battle! (Gym Leader)

EDIT : also, Game Freak/TPCI, now that all the DLC are released, please give us the Pokémon Sword and Shield Super Music Collection (and including Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon music would also be really cool).

Last edited by Mentalo; Nov 6, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:50 AM

Go Ichinose is basically almost confirmed for the newly announced Pokémon Legends: Arceus : this piece of music is 200% his work.
He may also have composed this one and this one but I'm not sure about the other songs that we hear (Adachi may have done some of them).

It's a little bit off topic but I'm kinda sad that Ichinose (and Sato) seemingly aren't working on the Diamand & Pearl remakes (I think what we heard of it was Kageyama) but we have brand new Ichinose music so that's a fair trade.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
It's a little bit off topic but I'm kinda sad that Ichinose (and Sato) seemingly aren't working on the Diamand & Pearl remakes (I think what we heard of it was Kageyama) but we have brand new Ichinose music so that's a fair trade.
Looks like you are right, Kageyama has announced on Twitter that he is in charge of the music of Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl
Old Aug 18, 2021, 01:32 PM

Still no official confirmation but I could bet my life on this lol : we have more Go Ichinose for Legends (the second music references "Battle! (Wild Pokémon)" from Diamond and Pearl, that's so cool!), and some Hitomi Sato too!!

We also had this music on this small video posted a while ago, most likely composed by Sato too.

It's nice to see the two main composers from DP return for Legends!