VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:15 AM

This album isn't from any game, no doubt.
I guess it's related with the Namco's theme parks called Wonder Eggs.

Anyone has this album and can add some info?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:25 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

That's probably true.. and that could explain why whe never found games of that soundtrack.

I think it's still fits on VGMdb, no ?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 05:53 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I've added images for everything: booklet (front, back, all pages), Obi, disc, case back. The tray is just solid white plastic.

I've also added track times to the English track list, and added a Japanese track list based on the Japanese that appears to the right of the English track titles. They aren't all direct translations of the English, so it might be good to have both the English and Japanese text as the full official title in one track list. What do you think?

Lastly, I've added エルズストーリー as an alternate title as that's what appears on the Obi.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Some background information on this album from Hiroyuki Kawada in this interview: http://www.vgmonline.net/hiroyukikawadainterview2/

Quote:
Hiroyuki Kawada: Wonder Eggs was a theme park run by Namco from 1992-2000. As the person responsible for the sound in the theme park, all of the music production for the park was left up to me. As Wonder Eggs was an extremely concept-oriented theme park designed to perfectly recreate the same kind of stories and worlds found in Namco’s games, I worked extra hard to ensure that the music played there would, like that in the games, play its part in an enjoyable presentation. Anchored by a middle ages/renaissance flavor tinged with nostalgia, it was granted a warm reception by visitors, especially repeat visitors.

This CD was released to commemorate the second anniversary of the opening of the park, and it formed part of a two album set. Music from ELDS STORY expressed the background story for the park in music, while Music from WONDER EGGS contained remakes of the music actually used in the park itself. Music from ELDS STORY is a product of a planned team effort where important motifs were divided up among and written by the sound team in advance based on the park background story, and each member would follow the story, scattering the motifs about, in the movements they wrote (called “Phases” on the album).

The subject may be Wonder Eggs, but we didn’t just release a soundtrack of the music used in the park, we went so far as to produce an album of original music, which was probably a completely unique experiment among video game company sound teams at that time. Recording for the album took a little over a week in a resort studio on the outskirts of Tokyo, where I was forced to stay overnight. I remain forever grateful to the team and all who were involved for sticking with the project to the last second, even as we were taken to our physical and psychological limits.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 02:01 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Some background information on this album from Hiroyuki Kawada in this interview: http://www.vgmonline.net/hiroyukikawadainterview2/
Wow! What a great find. I was having trouble finding much information at all on this album after I picked up a copy. This is very insightful. Cheers to the VGMONLINE staff for conducting the interview.