VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:44 AM

I have this album and decided to submit the missing images for it. I also noticed that the catalog number for this item is missing. I originally replaced it with "CD-08150" as is written on the disc. Looking at the other 2 soundtrack listings that are similar to this one, they do not list catalog numbers either. For this reason I decided to take the number I submitted back off, thinking this presumption might actually be wrong. There are two other catalogish listings in the album. One of the back of the booklet which reads, "IN-08150" and one on the back of the album which reads, "TI-08150". All three listings end in 08150, so I think this would be the actual catalog number for the album, but do to my inexperience I will let someone else with more wisdom decide. You can reference my scans of the album to see for yourself.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:52 AM

Default One more thing

I also submitted new track listing information. This unlinked the parent albums track listings as well. I'm not sure if this was the best thing to do, but some of the English listings that were there for this ablum diferred from what is printed on the back of the booklet. Like, "Dante II" which is printed in the booklet as "Dante". However, there is also a "Dante" song in the Second Soundtrack for the series, so maybe the one listed in this 3rd soundtrack is a misprint and it really should read "Dante II". I don't know. Also some of the tracks, like number 22, 25, and 26 had additional information in parenthesis listed next to them. So I thought they needed to be added in the track listings, even though this is pretty much covered in the notes section. As for the Japanese track listings, I don't know how to type in Japanese Characters on my computer so I am unable to repost this listing. I'm now thinking it may have not been a good idea to modify the english track listing for this album, but rather keep the one that was there. Sorry for all the trouble and misunderstanding.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:53 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think we only have a few Funimation albums in the database at present.

We have seen this sort of thing on other albums though. I'd go with the "TI-08150" as the album catalog number, and use "CD-08150" as the media catalog number for the disc.

EDIT -- Given the differences in the tracklist, de-linking was the proper thing to do. If the Japanese tracklist is the same, you can probably just cut and paste the block of text from the parent..
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:06 AM

Thankyou for the reply, I'll try to make the changes.