VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 9, 2012, 09:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Since he performed alto sax on Rom Cassette Disc In SUNSOFT Remix, I think there's probably a profile of Masashi Kageyama on this page: http://www.mate-music.co.jp/sax.htm. Doesn't specifically mention game music anywhere I can see, but it does say he spent ten years during his 20s and 30s as a composer.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 09:56 PM

In one interview, he's introduced as a game music composer turned photographer, and that profiles pages also states he's now a photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.cyzo.com/2011/06/post_7751.html"
 そんな影山氏は1990年代後半に入ると作曲活動から身を引き、今はフォトグラファーに転身。国内外のジャ ズミュージシャンのライブフォトを多く手掛ける一方、2010年には銀座4丁目交差点にあるリコー三愛ビル 、リングキューブ袖看板に作品が展示されるなど、気鋭のフォトグラファーとして活躍している。
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.mate-music.co.jp/sax.htm
1000曲書いた時点で業界から足を洗い、只今、フォトグラファーとして活躍中(苦笑)。2010年3月か ら10月まで、 その作品が銀座四丁目交差点、リコー三愛ビル RING CUBE の大きな袖看板に採用されていた。

Last edited by Cedille; Mar 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Nice find, dude. Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:24 PM

courtesy of GlitterBerri in #vgmdb:

Quote:
[22:08:41] <GlitterBerri> I have some information on him and I wanted to give it to someone who cared
[22:12:05] <GlitterBerri> (...) I translated that Cyzo interview about him awhile back, if you're interested in giving it a read.
[22:12:19] <GlitterBerri> But more importantly, I'm in contact with him and he gave me a list of the games he remembers working on
[22:14:35] <GlitterBerri> • Simple 1500 Series Vol. 8: The Solitaire (PS1)
[22:14:36] <GlitterBerri> • Rocky Hopper (PS1)
[22:14:36] <GlitterBerri> • Robot Construction (x6800)
[22:14:36] <GlitterBerri> • Motor Squad (Windows)
[22:14:36] <GlitterBerri> • Benkei Gaiden (PCE)
[22:14:36] <GlitterBerri> • Appare Tonosama (SFC)
[22:14:37] <GlitterBerri> • Outlive (PCE)
[22:14:37] <GlitterBerri> • 2 Batmans (Cancelled mid-development, another version was released)
[22:14:37] <GlitterBerri> • Gimmick (FC)
[22:16:32] <GlitterBerri> He also said
[22:16:38] <GlitterBerri> "I believe there are several other titles that I composed for independently.
[22:16:38] <GlitterBerri> In addition, I was subcontracted by several design companies back then (not the companies that actually sold the games), and I composed what they told me to, but I don't know what titles the songs were used in. (I have a feeling that they were distributed over a number of titles."
[22:17:36] <GlitterBerri> "As over 20 years have passed since then, the composition data was recorded on floppy disks and DAT, which can't even be viewed anymore. I'd know it was my work if I heard it, though. Solitaire is selling on Amazon. A soundtrack was released for Purumui Purumui, but it's not being produced anymore. That means the only soundtracks I have on hand to listen to are Purumui Purumui, Solitaire, and Gimmick. Incidentally, the music on the
[22:17:36] <GlitterBerri> Gimmick soundtrack released last year was borrowed from Sakai, the programmer. I also listened to the original song on YouTube in order to recreate the sheet music for the ending theme."
[22:17:49] <GlitterBerri> "To tell you the truth, I'd love to have an accurate list, myself... It's a relic from another age, and I've stopped composing for a living (though I've taken it back up as a hobby, recently), and there are a lot of companies that have disappeared off the face of the earth, so I don't really know. I'm really sorry about the vagueness of the list."
[22:18:04] <GlitterBerri> And, finally, "I've composed 800 game songs, if you include short jingles. The other 200 were for events, background music to videos, etc. The 1000 song figure you cited were written over a period of 10 years, while I was working as a composer."
[22:21:43] <GlitterBerri> He also said that he's going to start composing as a hobby again after the new year and he's getting a space set up for it
[22:22:24] <GlitterBerri> So he might have new work online in the future
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
"As over 20 years have passed since then, the composition data was recorded on floppy disks and DAT, which can't even be viewed anymore. (...) To tell you the truth, I'd love to have an accurate list, myself... It's a relic from another age, and I've stopped composing for a living (though I've taken it back up as a hobby, recently), and there are a lot of companies that have disappeared off the face of the earth, so I don't really know. I'm really sorry about the vagueness of the list."
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why well documented game music (as well as game) preservation matters. Sorry for randomly jumping in with my agenda.