VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 6, 2016, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
None of the sources you linked are known to be correct though.

I would trust japanese wikipedia above all of them any day, which in fact says

If this discussion was had when the album was released, no one would even think of crediting THE BLACK MAGES as a band, which is the point everyone is trying to make here.
How is iTunes and the Wikipedia article (which is marked as a trustworthy article) not correct?

Just the fact that this album is not credited as being preformed by THE BLACK MAGES and as thus makes it so that it doesn't show up on the artist page makes everyone saying they shouldn't be credited as the performer wrong.

Just because two people were involved in the album and then other people later joined the band doesn't automatically make them a band when more people join, that's stupid and we already went through that.

Just because the obi or the JP Wikipedia page (which is not a trusted article unlike the EN Wikipedia page) don't mention them as a band doesn't mean they're not.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 07:28 AM
Trusted Editor

Just because someone sets a flag on a Wikipedia article, doesn't make the article any more correct/incorrect. In general the English Wikipedia is a bad source for anything related to videogame music.

Also you still fail to see that at the time of the album's release the band named "THE BLACK MAGES" didn't exist. I suspect that you don't really understand how the artists crediting system here works. So maybe you should fix that first before any further discussions.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 07:23 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I readded this album to THE BLACK MAGES artist page for easier searchability. Not having the original album for a band that produced two sequel albums seemed like a glaring omission. I discussed with Sean my view that ease of finding information in the DB is more important than being pedantic about when the band was formed. As compensation for this, I have updated the artist page with a bio that clearly reflects the facts as to when the band was formed: https://vgmdb.net/artist/783