VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Dec 27, 2020, 06:50 PM
Alcahest's Avatar
Alcahest Alcahest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 166

Can anyone recognize what the voice says at the end of Astaroth - 8-minute note mix (3:37) ?
I'd really love to know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Dec 27, 2020, 09:41 PM
Chris Porter's Avatar
Chris Porter Chris Porter is online now
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Okayama, JAPAN
Posts: 1,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Can anyone recognize what the voice says at the end of Astaroth - 8-minute note mix (3:37) ?
I'd really love to know. Thanks.
Thanks to (I'm assuming) your comment on that YouTube video, all I can hear now is "burger low fat". Hahahaha~!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Dec 27, 2020, 09:59 PM
Alcahest's Avatar
Alcahest Alcahest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 166
Default

Oh an Id avatar as well, fun, but no it's not me.
It sounds maybe spanish "por que ..." but I can't make out the end.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:01 PM
Chris Porter's Avatar
Chris Porter Chris Porter is online now
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Okayama, JAPAN
Posts: 1,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Oh an Id avatar as well, fun, but no it's not me.
It sounds maybe spanish "por que ..." but I can't make out the end.
Oh wow! That is a crazy coincidence that someone else with an Id avatar had made a comment about the exact thing you were asking about.

But yeah, I can't make it out. It doesn't sound like English or Japanese to me, which are the only two languages I can understand.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Dec 29, 2020, 08:51 AM
Jormungand's Avatar
Jormungand Jormungand is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,013
Default

I don't think it's Spanish. Mitsuda is using a sound library voice sample as he often does--a lot of times he likes using short clips of Middle Eastern or Indian voice samples. In this case, the particular male voice sample sounds like it comes from the same collection as the one featured in the OST version of Astaroth (0:11 and 1:17), as well as the one in Point of No Return from Sailing to the World/The Seventh Seal (0:41 and 1:20).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:52 PM
SerenissimusDux SerenissimusDux is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I don't think it's Spanish. Mitsuda is using a sound library voice sample as he often does--a lot of times he likes using short clips of Middle Eastern or Indian voice samples. In this case, the particular male voice sample sounds like it comes from the same collection as the one featured in the OST version of Astaroth (0:11 and 1:17), as well as the one in Point of No Return from Sailing to the World/The Seventh Seal (0:41 and 1:20).
Agreed. I had a similar question about one of my (and Chris Porter's ) favourite pieces of music ever from Hopeful Weeds 002.

So yes, do agree that all these voice samples do somewhat share a similar linguistic profile. I don't think it's Indian or Middle Eastern, rather Indonesian/Javanese/Malay. We already know Battle with Astaroth makes use of a certain variant of the Bunga Seroja folk song.

Quote:
all I can hear now is "burger low fat". Hahahaha~!
To contribute my own misheard lyric - I always hear the second part vaguely as "love chiiiiild"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KDSD-00078~9: SHADOW HEARTS FROM THE NEW WORLD Original Soundtracks Dag Album Discussions 4 Jun 2, 2021 01:26 AM
1643-6016: Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Shadow of Death - Dysk... Myrkul Album Discussions 7 May 30, 2017 03:48 AM
Shadow Hearts (#474) Jormungand Product (Game) Discussions 0 Jan 2, 2016 11:53 AM
ARZ-005: SHADOW HEARTS SPECIAL SOUND CD Dag Album Discussions 4 Oct 25, 2013 07:34 AM
KDSD-00030~1: SHADOW HEARTS II Original Soundtracks Kaleb.G Album Discussions 8 Mar 7, 2012 02:30 PM