VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 27, 2020, 06:50 PM

Can anyone recognize what the voice says at the end of Astaroth - 8-minute note mix (3:37) ?
I'd really love to know. Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 09:41 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Can anyone recognize what the voice says at the end of Astaroth - 8-minute note mix (3:37) ?
I'd really love to know. Thanks.
Thanks to (I'm assuming) your comment on that YouTube video, all I can hear now is "burger low fat". Hahahaha~!
Old Dec 27, 2020, 09:59 PM

Oh an Id avatar as well, fun, but no it's not me.
It sounds maybe spanish "por que ..." but I can't make out the end.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:01 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Oh an Id avatar as well, fun, but no it's not me.
It sounds maybe spanish "por que ..." but I can't make out the end.
Oh wow! That is a crazy coincidence that someone else with an Id avatar had made a comment about the exact thing you were asking about.

But yeah, I can't make it out. It doesn't sound like English or Japanese to me, which are the only two languages I can understand.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 08:51 AM

I don't think it's Spanish. Mitsuda is using a sound library voice sample as he often does--a lot of times he likes using short clips of Middle Eastern or Indian voice samples. In this case, the particular male voice sample sounds like it comes from the same collection as the one featured in the OST version of Astaroth (0:11 and 1:17), as well as the one in Point of No Return from Sailing to the World/The Seventh Seal (0:41 and 1:20).
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I don't think it's Spanish. Mitsuda is using a sound library voice sample as he often does--a lot of times he likes using short clips of Middle Eastern or Indian voice samples. In this case, the particular male voice sample sounds like it comes from the same collection as the one featured in the OST version of Astaroth (0:11 and 1:17), as well as the one in Point of No Return from Sailing to the World/The Seventh Seal (0:41 and 1:20).
Agreed. I had a similar question about one of my (and Chris Porter's ) favourite pieces of music ever from Hopeful Weeds 002.

So yes, do agree that all these voice samples do somewhat share a similar linguistic profile. I don't think it's Indian or Middle Eastern, rather Indonesian/Javanese/Malay. We already know Battle with Astaroth makes use of a certain variant of the Bunga Seroja folk song.

Quote:
all I can hear now is "burger low fat". Hahahaha~!
To contribute my own misheard lyric - I always hear the second part vaguely as "love chiiiiild"