VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 18, 2020, 08:43 AM
Trusted Editor

@Aceite: Are there other credits listed in the booklet? The songs credits? Is 向井寛 mentioned as arranger for the BGM too? Maybe you can put a scan of the booklet with the info if you have the album please?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 09:47 AM

I have added the credits, once I finish editing the images of the booklet i'll upload them
Old Oct 18, 2020, 09:53 AM
Trusted Editor

Yes, I have seen that, but I don't know what you are playing Aceite to delete my edits. It's not like you want here on VGMdb.

- First, PANAM is the label and NIPPON CROWN Co.,Ltd. the manufacturer.

- You don't have to repeat the songs titles in the notes, the tracklist already says that. Instead you must indicate the song category (opening theme, ending, insert song...).

- Animenewsnetwork indicates that the song in track 9 is the ending theme from the episode 2, that's why I indicate "Be-Bop-Highschool 2" too is the product represented. Maybe it's too an insert song in the episode 4, I don't know.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...me.php?id=3294

- repeating the track numbers several times with the credits and making the category "Musicians" several times in the notes creates confusion in those notes. I think the notes must be edited again, because it's the mess for now.

Cordially.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:19 AM

I apologize, but I don't recall deleting your edits, I'm not too familiar with this site right now so maybe I messed up something, again i apologize if i have caused any inconvenience, if so it wasn't intentional.

I'll fix the notes as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and advices.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:18 AM
Trusted Editor

Yes, you have removed several of my edits and put yours back, look in the box "Show History" when you edit an album.
Well it doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional, let's forget that

That said you do a good job at first submissions, because there are a lot of rules to know on VGMdb.
You edited the notes, it looks better like that
However, maybe you misunderstood me, but adding the word "Track" in brackets with the track numbers is not especially necessary.

Then are the musicians listed separately in the booklet?
If so, it's good indeed to present the credits in the notes as indicated in the album / booklet. If not, I think it can be good to put together all the credits for the same track.

Just an example:

33. Episode 4 Ending Theme
Lyrics: James Fujiki
Composition: James Fujiki
Arrangement: James Fujiki
VOCAL: James Fujiki
E. GUITAR: 山腰裕一
E. BASS: 中村茂泰
DRUMS: 藤井奏
ORGAN: 佐々木久美
SAX: 里尚宏
BARYTON SAX: 金山徹
TRUMPET: 運野博数

Otherwise, welcome here, and if you have other Be-Bop-Highschool albums in your collection, feel free to submit them

Last edited by SaintSquall; Oct 18, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 07:17 AM

Credits are split in 2 parts, this happens on every BE-BOP-HIGHSCHOOL OVA OST album, the page with the song lyrics always mentions Lyrics, Composer & Arranger while the last part of the booklet mentions all the musicians involved (Guitar, Drums...)
Lyrics credits: https://imgur.com/EMYgZMy
Last page credits: https://imgur.com/abzECoX
Also yeah, I have more Be-Bop-Higschool albums that will be posted eventually