VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:29 AM

The basement theme has to be the most hilarious video game track ever written. Every time I hear it I just crack up.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 03:17 PM

It should be noted that not every track in the game is included on this soundtrack. For example, the excellent track mentioned up isn't even on here. Don't know why'd want to omit that one.

I was kind of disappointed that one of my favorites didn't make the cut.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:39 PM

I added the in-game credits which list Takashi Niigaki as conductor of the orchestra recordings. This article confirms that the music was done by Takashi Niigaki and some friends:

Quote:
Six months later, the phone rang. Samuragochi had landed another job, the soundtrack for a video game in the Resident Evil series, and he needed Niigaki’s help. The catch: They had only ten days to complete it. But there was a determination—in retrospect, a desperation—in Samuragochi’s voice, and a presumption of inevitability. Samuragochi had already lined everything up: He’d even persuaded the producers at the gaming giant Capcom to spring for an orchestra. Now he needed Niigaki. “It wasn’t a question of maybe,” Niigaki recalled.

[...]

Niigaki frantically threw together dozens of short pieces for the game, soliciting help from composer friends to complete the project on time. Samuragochi once brought Niigaki to a meeting with Capcom producers and introduced Niigaki as his assistant. Whenever the Capcom producers had a technical question about the music, Samuragochi would defer to Niigaki. Again, Samuragochi received full credit for the score.
Given that they presumably composed the entire score in just ten days, I can probably cut them some slack for this (which may just be the single most posted VGM YouTube video on the web). Some seem to use this cacophonic piece as an excuse to discredit the rest of the soundtrack, although (bad synth aside) it has some really nice tunes.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 05:07 AM

btw why thouse tracks names is mostly are italy?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 04:08 AM

You mean standard musical tempo markings?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
You mean standard musical tempo markings?
no i mean track names ^^
Old Mar 26, 2021, 06:57 AM

http://www.musictheory.org.uk/res-mu...ical-terms.php
Old Mar 26, 2021, 03:01 PM
VGMdb Staff

It was probably Samuragouchi who was behind these terms being used. All part of the "modern classical composer" charade.
Old May 1, 2021, 12:18 PM

Samuragochi recently released another piece called "Tempest", lending more credence to the theory that he named the tracks on this album.

It's a pity the mansion basement track (yup, the YouTube account with the most famous upload has now been terminated) never made it onto the CD. Now we'll never find out its official title from Samuragochi. I'll go with "Flatulento con pagliaccio".