VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

Do we have any solid confirmation that it was Mieko Ishikawa and Masaaki Kawai who were behind the music for this game?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 03:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor

At least GMCL and Ys Music Files confirms the information. Look for "ダイナソア":
http://homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ys...ndTeamJDK.html
http://ng-stg.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gm/name/i.html
http://ng-stg.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gm/name/ka.html
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:15 AM

Just as a history note:

When Falcom announced that they were going to be re-releasing some of their OOP CDs as part of the Falcom Millennium Series way back in 1999, they held a poll asking which albums should be brought back. The album that received the most votes was Music from Dinosaur.

In the end, Falcom chose not to re-release that album. And after listening to the Dinosaur music, I am grateful for that decision.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:20 AM

Not to question what some sites like Ys Music files state, but the original game (PC-88) didn't have a staff roll (Youtube, Niconioco), and Kawai even says the existence of him wasn't opened in those days...

There are also quite a few dogmas about Falcom people nowadays put as facts, yet, as decades have passed, we have too little to either back or question them (e.g. "Palace of Salmon" was composed by Nagata, not Koshiro). The only reliable source on the earlier Falcom I know of is a game guide book which allegedly revealed the composer breakdown of Ys I, although it's now almost impossible to get it.

EDIT: Actually, the thing about Ys I was real. Confirmed.

Last edited by Cedille; Apr 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM.