VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 6, 2010, 04:20 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't know much the Madara universe..
But is (Mouryou Senki) Madara Tenseihen anime related ? (in that case it should be animation)
Or in fact is it not Manga related ? (in that case it should be publication)

There are also 5 drama CDs for Madara Tenseihen, but i did not want to add them before.

edit: i think "板井紀雄" was a typo for 坂井紀雄 (Norio Sakai) so i fixed this.

Last edited by Myrkul; Oct 6, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:57 AM

Hmmm I really searched quite some time before declaring it as Radio/Drama. Madara is a franchise that includes various forms of media... Manga, Anime (OVA), Radio/Drama, even RPGs. I *think* that this soundtrack includes the background music to some radio/drama, that's at least the result of my search, a japanese page mentioned that. I looked through the booklet/obi and found no further information and sadly I have no scanner here so I can't scan them in for you guys to look at them.

One additional thing: I maybe was too quick with the title. The cover only sais "Madara Reincarnation" so that should be the title right? The CD sais "Madara Reincarnation Original Soundtrack".

Last edited by Zethe; Oct 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:27 AM

Btw, as for your edit changing the price from 2548 yen to 2500 yen, while I don't have any scan to confirm it, I suppose the tax-less price of this album was 2427 yen.

1989~: 2427x1.03 = 2500 yen
1997~: 2427x1.05 = 2548 yen

So even if 2500 yen may be printed on your copy, 2548 yen is right since the consumption tax is now 0.05 percent.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:34 AM

yes you're right, 2500 is printed on it and 2427 as well (taxless). I read the part "please include tax in prices" but didn't know how to calculate (didn't know the amount of consumption tax in japan). Now I do, thanks for that.

I'm updating the tracklist with track lengths and changing the price back to 2548.

EDIT: After thinking about it, wouldn't it be more wise to take the tax included price from the release year? I don't know if it was still in print after 1997 but if not, taking the 0.05 tax is a bit awkward, don't you think so?

Last edited by Zethe; Oct 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:24 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

We'r a bit off topic there.. but have we statued about the tax rectification ?
That mean we need to change the price of hundreds of albums that were released before 1997 ?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethe View Post
EDIT: After thinking about it, wouldn't it be more wise to take the tax included price from the release year? I don't know if it was still in print after 1997 but if not, taking the 0.05 tax is a bit awkward, don't you think so?
Well, I actually made the post above just after I approved your first edit. I didn't intend to suggest roll-backing the price (if so, I'd have done it myself), but wanted to leave a note about it, since some online stores said the price had been 2548 yen so this album might have been available after 1997. As we discussed about this matter but decided to shelve it, it's up to each submitter which price to add, so 2500 yen is still fine (so both your edits were approved). I think my first post should have clarified this point better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
That mean we need to change the price of hundreds of albums that were released before 1997 ?
I don't think it's mandatory, unless they are still available like this (in that case, I think it'd be better to calculate the price at the current rate). I feel when somebody adds an album released around 1997 and check online shops for reference, the price is often at the 1.05 rate.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethe View Post
One additional thing: I maybe was too quick with the title. The cover only sais "Madara Reincarnation" so that should be the title right? The CD sais "Madara Reincarnation Original Soundtrack".
Noticed the same thing. I remember Secret Squirrel mentioning that we tend to prioritize covers, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

edit: Yeah, this album is really hard to find info on. Can anyone who has this provide scans? I'm starting to wonder if "Original Soundtrack" is even part of the title... I don't trust Baidu...

Last edited by Despatche; Sep 5, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 09:45 PM

huh wait a sec, if the original price (i.e. from the first printing) is 2500 yens
so 2500 yens should be the price used, not the retaxed one

I changed a lot of prices used for reprintings (reprinted because of the tax rate change)