VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 7, 2012, 09:49 PM

Why is Yasuyuki Tsujino listed as a composer here? He is listed as a sound designer in the game credits and has never had a composing role at Capcom.

Quote:
Audio Director: Wataru Hachisako

Lead Composer: Akihiko Narita

Composers: Akiyuki Morimoto, Kota Suzuki, Azusa Kato

Lead Sound Designer: Yasuyuki Tsujino

Sound Designers: Kakunoshin Atsumi, Yoshiki Sando, Rika Kuroiwa, Yuki Asakura, Yoshihiko Wada, Kazuki Kitamura, Hirokazu Nishida, Gaku Komura, Takeshi Kitamura, Ryo Yoshii, Yuji Higashiyama, Arata Iwashina, Masatomo Tajima, Ryota Takei
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:35 AM

according to wikipedia:
"[...] In some instances it may also involve the composition or manipulation of audio to create a desired effect or mood. [...]"

(not sure it's really relevant)
Old Oct 8, 2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Why is Yasuyuki Tsujino listed as a composer here? He is listed as a sound designer in the game credits and has never had a composing role at Capcom.
The source I referred to lists him as composers, but if the actual credit says otherwise, it should be wrong.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:04 AM
VGMdb Staff

Some monsters in this game have Serbian nouns, which are never meant to be proper nouns btw, but hey, creativity or something xD (the use of the language is almost non-existent in video games, so I thought just to throw some quick info about the names that appear in the tracklist)
brzak (cyrillic брзак) - river rapid
iluzija (илузија) - illusion
gnezdo (гнездо) - the nest
haos (хаос) - chaos
ustanak (устанак) - uprising
ubistvo (убиство) - murder/kill

there are some funny shouts too while in so called Edonia (pronounciation is good lol):
Има да те разбијем! - I'm gonna kick your ass!
Докрајчи га! - Finish him!
Није требало да долазиш овамо! - You shouldn't have come here!
Ово је страва! - This is awesome!
Једи говна и умри! - Eat shit and die!
Ово је тако јебено добро! - This is so fucking good!

and so on lolz
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:42 AM

Pretty good album, the music works well even on its own, in my humble opinion.

@Efendija
Thanks for the shouts' translations! Been wondering what they're yelling about... Still, there's no topping "Mierda" and "Detrás de tí, imbécil!"
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:43 PM

Would someone be able to do a composer breakdown?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:09 AM

I noticed that 2 tracks are missing from the OST. One is the theme of the monster Rasklapanje, and the other, from Jake's campaign, is the snowy mountain theme. But there might be more.

Last edited by franzito; Nov 30, 2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzito View Post
I noticed that 2 tracks are missing from the OST. One is the theme of the monster Rasklapanje, and the other, from Jake's campaign, is the snowy mountain theme. But there might be more.
Glad I wasn't the only one to notice their omission. I've been wondering about the reason(s) behind such decision, they could have removed loops from the two "The Mercenaries/Agent Hunt" themes to throw them in

Still, a pretty solid release, in my humble opinion... I didn't really like it that much, at first, but after a few listens it grew on me. Some may not like the lack of loops, but I personally don't mind, reminds me of the approach taken with ALUNDRA.

Narita didn't disappoint... Oh, track #39 on Disc 1 is a nice little nod to BIOHAZARD 2.

Last edited by ilef; Dec 2, 2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Fix
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:41 AM

Cool

Some of the cutscenes' tracks are bland, so, they could've skipped them. By the way, "Main Theme" (DISC 1, track 1) and "Joint Struggle" (DISC 4, track 23) are pratically the same, with the 1st having only 1 extra minute of new arrangement. I personally liked that Mercenaries and Agent Hunt themes got loops, I really enjoyed them while playing the RE 6 extra content.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:23 AM

I like the cutscenes' tracks, personally. Oh, I enjoy the extra content's themes, too, they're catchy (though, I'm not really a fan of looped tracks on an album... If I want stuff to repeat itself over and over, I just play the game. I get the feeling that the loop has a reason to exist only in-game, it somehow breaks the flow, in my humble opinion). Anyway, this release was so close to have every track, to think that they may have left some themes out to throw in a few loops...

Still, a pretty damn good album, 5h:13mns of music... more or less.

Last edited by ilef; Dec 4, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:13 AM

Sorry for the double-post, but in case someone's wondering what's the reason behind the "dismissed" tracks, I've contacted PearUp Media on Twitter... and this is what they answered.
Spoiler:

Damn, I feel bad... If only I had a better knowledge of Japanese, I wouldn't have bothered them with that question. And, once again, damn loops. It's your fault, your goddamn fault.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 06:20 PM

As I was playing the game, I thought something felt different about the music. But then I saw in the credits that the lead composers are Western. No wonder.