VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 23, 2020, 11:26 AM

This film as well as its soundtrack are adapted from Animal Crossing: Wild World. I'm not sure how the music is credited in the soundtrack itself, but while Kazumi Totaka was sound director for that game Asuka Ohta (now Asuka Hayazaki) served as "sound assist" and likely responsible for some of the original compositions. Shouldn't she be mentioned in the "notes"?
Old May 23, 2020, 12:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Totaka is the only one credited in the booklet, which is definitely incorrect, but I don't know if the original Animal Crossing songs arranged here are among the handful of ones we actually have confirmed composers for. At the very least, Toru Minegishi is known to have written K.K. Bossa.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 03:29 PM

Notes on "major" tracklist edits (English tracklist):
M-08 "チェキ" (Cheki) seems to be a special phrase that is derived from the English "check it", meaning something like "worth a look" or "try it out/on". "チェキー" (Cheky), as used here, is apparently a variation of the term, somehow linked to Tomoe Shinohara. Since this English tracklist seems to be relatively close to the original, I would try to keep the term. I'm not sure if it can be treated as a noun (in the sense of "fitting"), but I did so for the time being: Bouquet's Cheky.
M-15 "リセットさん" is Risetto-san (Mr. Resetti), while "The Righteous" is simply be a more adequate translation of "正義の人", IMO.
M-23 "セイスモ" is Seismo, the title seems to refer to the characters fancying the Seismosaurus.
M-24 I replaced this by the apparently more literal "Run Away" and moved the "Escape" to my draft of a localized tracklist (below).
M-31 Ultra C is a Japanese idiom, meaning something like "giving 110%" or in this context having an extraordinary training strategy.
M-43,44 Only Yu is involved here so "I" should be the adequate translation.
M-46 Google gave me the more suitable "In the Forest Where the Stars Shine".
Also did some minor improvements & changes, e.g. formatting.

My take on a localized English tracklist (based on the movie, game and the current translation here as well as this other translation:
01. Let's Go to the Forest
02. Main Theme
03. Arrival!
04. Town Hall
05. Question
06. Nook's Cranny
07. Part-time Job
08. Rosie's Fitting ♡
09. More Part-time Work
10. Able Sisters
11. My Home
12. Ninja!? Yu
13. Caught It
14. Let's Work Part-time
15. The Righteous Mr. Resetti
16. Welcome to the Museum
17. Café (The Roost)
18. Margie's Cherry Pie
19. Big Dreams
20. Summer Vacation
21. "Soulful K.K."
22. Pirate!? Yu
23. Seismo Romance
24. Escape!
25. "K.K. Bossa"
26. Summer Festival
27. Crazy Redd's Street Shop
28. Mother
29. Sudden Farewell
30. Afro!? Yu
31. Champ's Ultra Training Strategy!
32. "K.K. Bossa" Orchestra ver.
33. "Soulful K.K." Piano ver.
34. On a Lonely Night
35. Letter from Margie
36. Memories of "K.K. Bossa"
37. Silvery World
38. Snow Festival
39. Crash
40. This is a Big Deal!
41. Encounter with Gulliver
42. Welcome Back, Margie
43. I Have to Climb!
44. I Fell Down...
45. Nice Catch!!
46. In the Forest Where the Stars Shine
47. New Year's Party
48. 02am
49. 01pm
50. 08pm
51. Stale Cupcakes

Last edited by Maskad; May 2, 2021 at 03:38 AM.