VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:32 PM

Default Two Suggestions for Your Consideration

Hello, I really like this site and use it alot. So, up for your consideration is two minor ideas that, I personally, would find kinda' nice. Take 'em or leave 'em, either way, this is still an awesome site.

1) I've noticed, when viewing albums, that the info such as the composer and the "arranged by" staff and whatnot is center aligned.

Perhaps this is a preference thing, but sometimes I think it looks confusing when I'm trying to pick out who is who from a wild list of composers and arrangers. Personally, I would start the list of composers directly to the right of where is says composers and do the same for the arranged artists etc.

I mean, it's not a big deal, I just thought it would look a bit more polished.

2) Umm, this might be a total pain to implement, and perhaps not very useful to alot of people, but I think it would be cool. I would like to be able to enter album numbers into my collection which are not yet added to the data-base. You know, just type them in and have them show up in my collection... wherever... just the catalogue number.

The purpose being that sometimes I lose track of an album that doesn't seem to have an entry and even if it is entered in the data-base later, I wouldn't even think to look for it.

Perhaps, if such a thing did exist, a little program could send out notifications if your album number was added.

Like I said, that could be alot of work for very little pay off. Honestly, I don't really know what all goes into an operation like this behind the scenes.

So take these ideas and use them, don't use them, make fun of them, delete them... whatever you want to do. I wish I could actually help with the site, but I'm so ill suited for the task that I think picking from the sidelines is the best I can do.

Anyway, any thoughts?