VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:23 PM

Tracklist and credits added using this page as reference:

http://www.team-e.co.jp/sp/griotte/tracklist.html
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Only one track by Hirota? I'm disappointed!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:53 AM

Hopefully his arrangements of Shimotsuki's stuff is as good as his original composition.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

Why are there two releases for this? Is one of them a limited edition or something?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:00 PM
Trusted Editor

Yes, one should be a limited edition. At least YesAsia states that it's a limited edition.

I intend to pick this one up. I already liked Tindharia no Tane a lot and hope this one is equally awesome
Old Sep 18, 2009, 09:10 PM

I've added the performance credits to the notes section since they were recently released. From a quick google translate, it looks like Iwadare and Hirota play some live instruments, as does Akihisa Tsuboi, the violinist from Kirite. I'm really looking forward to this one!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

If Tsuboy and Hirota are there, then this is the album of the year
Old Sep 19, 2009, 03:59 AM
Trusted Editor

I just saw that Tsuboy also performs the violin on RAKA (http://vgmdb.net/album/12728). This album gets better with every additional info
Old Sep 28, 2009, 02:21 PM

The website has samples for the first four songs. Hirota goes quite Celtic on us! The rest of the samples are great too.

http://www.team-e.co.jp/sp/griotte/tracklist.html
Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:08 PM
Trusted Editor

Just preordered the limited edition from YesAsia. Haven't listened to the samples and don't intend to do it - want to have a nice surprise when the album arrives.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 06:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Could it be that the cover art for both albums (the normal and the limited edition) is swapped? I'm asking because I just checked the YesAsia product page and the KDSD-556 release (the normal edition) has the blue cover art, while the KDSD-555 release (the limited edition) has the cover art that displays the four characters.

See here:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/griott...0-en/info.html
http://www.yesasia.com/global/102068...0-en/info.html

Here on VGMdb it's actually the other way around?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 06:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, they're swapped. I just fixed them.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 03:02 AM
Trusted Editor

Just replaced all the kanji-type ":" characters in the notes section with normal ones and added a few more whitespaces. Also moved the vocalist/chorus info to the top (and out of every single track info) since it's always Haruka anyway.
I hope this is fine.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:40 AM

I'm really enjoying this album.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:51 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Removed the "Video/Animation" category. This is an original vocal album not tied to any existing franchise.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:20 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Removed the "Video/Animation" category. This is an original vocal album not tied to any existing franchise.
My mistake. I've read in Nobuooo that Griotte no Nemuri Hime is an anime, but I didn't confirm this information. I've removed the Video/Animation category in KDDV-00111 too.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It's not an anime soundtrack but, similar Tindharia no Tane, an image album for a fantasy world created by Haruko Shimotsuki and Nao Hiyama. This is why a "guidebook" is included.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:38 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
This is why a "guidebook" is included.
It couldn't be classified as Publication then?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:55 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Publication would be for music that is related to or meant to accompany some other publication that is obtainable separately from the music cd, and for which this cd is a supporting product.

This seems to fall into a category of notional soundtrack (there are few soundtracks on VGMdb right now for fake RPGs), or maybe even CD Books, which have their own huge subcategory under game music on YJA:

http://list3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...gory-leaf.html
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:49 PM
Trusted Editor

Well, then the current classification clashes with Merregnon, which is a project similar to the Tindharia fantasy world.

From the Merregnon notes:
"By writing orchestral music the artists tell a story taking place in a newly created fantasy-universe"

The same applies here.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:24 AM

If you ask me, Tindharia no Tane and Griotte no Nemuri-hime should be made into full-blown anime/video game franchises. The story is good and Shimotsuki's music is outstanding!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 08:23 PM

By the way, I'm working on translating the entirety of the First Guidebook, and I'll be posting it here as soon as I'm finished (except for the manga at the end, for which an scanlation would be far better).

However, I also was wondering if we shouldn't add the subtitle (FEL ARY LU EN TINDHARIA ("I sing at the end of the world" translated to English)) to the album's page, given that it's featured on the cover, and the light novel and manga adaptations also have it.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 04:21 PM

Okay everyone, sorry for the long wait and the double-post, but here's the translation for the First Guidebook (sans the manga at the end). Of course, since I can't post the original text here, I'm afraid that some guesswork will be required to know which texts correspond to each page, but I guess it should be self explanatory. Also, the order in which they were translated is from left to right, and from up to down:

Spoiler:

Page 2:

Hello. Thank you very much for having bought the special edition of [Griotte no Nemurihime].

[Griotte no Nemurihime] is an original fantasy vocal album whose music represents the story that unfolds in a world called Tindharia. Additional, this book is a compilation of part of the materials we used in the making of this album, such as the story told in the CD, the settings and context for each of the songs and lyrics, and the story of each of the characters drawn in the booklet, so you might feel a little closer to them.

What we have written here might be no more than small fragments of the overall story, but given the "power music has to expand stories", that will bind the fragments and make you think that you were being invited into a fantastical voyage. Of course, we think you'll enjoy imagining (fantasizing?) about all sorts of things upon listening to it! If you can enjoy [Griotte no Nemurihime] both as a vocal album from a single singer, and as a fantasy product, we, as its creators, would feel a happiness that knows no bounds.

2009/10
[Griotte no Nemurihime] Complete Project Producers:
Shimotsuki Haruka & Hiyama Nao

Page 3:

World Map:

Deserted City Savoly

Mining City Graria

Kingdom of Foeniclum

Ruined City Cardamon

Port City Plangge

Rhubarb Village

Royal Capital Foeneglic

Rangdoc Channel

Wisdom Capital Loacaste

Port City Mullein

Biscus Mountain Range

Fishing Village Oregano

Page 5:

That was world created by the [Song] the Goddess played.
All the life forms were called [ARIA], and they existed to protect the world.

These were the very best Principles the young Goddess had established.

During a certain era in which the Goddess descended, she accepted the laments of the [ARIA], and changed the Principles.
In exchange for an unchanging eternity, the [ARIA] underwent a transformation called "receiving freedom".
After she entrusted everything to the [ARIA], the Goddess disappeared, and
thus, the story of the Goddess and the Principles soon became faraway legends.

Only the fact that several of the [Songs of the ARIA] still remained are
what tells us that all of this actually happened in the past.
Together with the limited blessings, the long years and months passed on,
and the world continued its development.

However, 57 years ago, a natural disaster suddenly befell upon this world.
The world was covered in darkness for an instant.
Although the sun recovered its strength shortly later, its light weakened
with each passing day and everyone began panicking, thinking the world
would soon collapse.
The plants couldn't grow due to this, and weakened, the animals began dying too.
Attempting to escape from the starvation and seeking the limited blessings,
the people repeatedly conducted massacres among themselves just to continue living.

Naturally, a person who wished for the revival of the long-gone Goddess
ARIA appeared at the base of the Tree of Tindharia.
This was what that person pledged at the temple where Goddess ARIA was worshiped.

He would select one of the [MESYARIA] chosen by the Goddess, and then, he would revive the Goddess once more over this world of Tindharia.
And then, in Her name, he would reinstate the Principles that were dissolved
so long ago to summon back the Eternal Blessing.

Life wishes for many things, yet it continues returning to a false Circle of Life.
Let us see it for ourselves. Who could be singing the end of this world?
What could be the truth?

Page 6:

The Tree of Tindharia

Page 7:

The Altar of Sealed Sounds

Page 8:

Water Crystal

Page 9:

The Tree of Tindharia

The very first thing that the young Goddess ARIA created when she played her song of world creation was a large tree.
Long ago, all of the life forms existed merely to protect Tindharia.
However, Tindharia later on was turned back into a seed, which was then protected and raised by those loved by the Goddess.
When the Principles were rewritten in that moment, the Chief of the ARIA back then (the MESYARIA) made with his own hands an stone slab to watch over Tindharia and recorded in it a [Song] of encouragement. The fact that the Goddess entrusted both this world and the Tree to the ARIA is a symbol of her wishes for this world to eternally prosper.

The Altar of Sealed Sounds

An isolated altar located deep in the research facility connected to the Temple of the Royal Capital Foeneglic.
This is the place in which the Water Crystals refined into [Griotte] can be used to seal sounds inside them, which would then become [Sealed Sounds].
The altar has stairs for people to climb it, while its surroundings are filled with water.
Right above the altar, there is a cylindrical structure called the [Sleeping Basket], which creates an environment similar to that found in the depths of the sea, and it's the device used for putting the [Griotte] to sleep.
The surrounding water-colored lights are actually the result of a technology called the [Soundproof Waves], which keeps the sounds from leaking to the outside while also controlling how many of them can flow into the altar in order to avoid overloading it.
Whenever a singer begins recording his or her song, the [Griotte] located right below the [Sleeping Basket] temporarily begins shining in response to the sounds of the song.

Water Crystal

An special kind of mineral that has the property of absorbing and releasing all kinds of sound.
These crystals form mainly in an specific area of the ocean near Fishing Village Oregano, which is located at the south of the Kingdom of Foeniclum.
The devices that can seal sounds and are created by refining these crystals are called [Griotte].

Page 10:

01. [The Ruined Principles]

A world heading to its own destruction, and a presentiment of destiny beginning its move. This is the prologue that tells the backstory to the album.

02. [Unfading Fragments of a Song]

The twin [MESYARIA] Citra and Rosa, and their own respective partners, Lyle and Grein. This is the main theme song for the story revolving around them.

03. [The Chosen People]

The song that tells about the way of life of the inhabitants of Rhubarb Village, which hidden deep in the forest, has secretly passed down the [Songs] from immemorial times.

Rhubarb Village is a hidden settlement that has protected since ancient times the [Songs of the ARIA].
Rosa and Citra were both twins born in the Apiareid family, from which the [MESYARIA] was always chosen. The strong-willed Rosa and the crybaby Citra.
Ever since they were children, they always sang together, and they had promised to continued doing so even after they had grown. They were always together, and never doubted they would always be.
However, only one of them would be able to be chosen as the [MESYARIA].
Thus, as they grew, they were constantly compared with each other, and due to the inferiority complex they both had, their hearts gradually became distant to each other.
Shortly later, Rosa ended being chosen as the candidate to [MESYARIA], and was sent over to the Royal Capital at the other side of the sea, supposedly to make the Goddess descend. On the other hand, Citra remained in the village.
This was what marked the total separation of their roads, and both began walking their own respective paths since then.

04. [The Princess and the Clown]

The song that two people performed at a bar of the Mining City Graria: Vold for the him of the past, and Citra to her current self.

In the middle of their journey, Lyle and Citra arrived at the Mining City Graria.
In a bar filled with miners, Citra waited by herself for Lyle to return, and when she began putting herself down due to not being able to feel at ease, a young man carrying a violin got close to her. He was called Vold Loria, but he christened himself as [the player of the lovely wind's violin].

His forceful personality pulled Citra all the time, until she ended singing with Vold at the bar before even noticing it. When Lyle finally arrived later on, Vold forced him to play the tambourine and they all began playing a song together.
The song's name was [The Princess and the Clown]. It was a song that Vold had made a long time ago.

Page 11:

05. [Kingdom of Irregularities]

This is a song from the point of view of Prince Vordinand, and it represents the light and shadows of the places where the people gathers inside the Kingdom of Foeniclum.

The Royal Capital of Foeneglic. It's the largest city in the kingdom, where the royal palace is located in its highest stratum, while the rest of the areas are separated into high and lower strata.
The fifth Prince of the kingdom, Vordinand Foeniclum, was looking up at the highest stratum, where the temple was built.
It's said that several decades ago, the Goddess had descended upon this land and was currently sleeping in the deepest chambers of that temple.
He wondered how anyone could honestly believe in such a suspicious story.
Who is currently ruling this kingdom and where is that person leading it to?
He had the presentiment that the ceremony for reviving the Goddess at the temple, and the research on the Griotte that was taking place underground would only beckon a tragedy, and raised his eyebrows whenever he thought or was told about them.

06. [Solitary Dream]

A song from the point of view of Rosa, who chose to turn her back on her memories with Citra, and continue seeking the place where she should be in the temple at Foeneglic.

During a certain night, Rosa awakened.
It was almost dawn, and her younger twin, Citra, suddenly appeared before her eyes. Although this should have been an emotional reunion after all these years they had been separated, Rosa didn't seem to have wanted to feel that as a separation at all.
"Maybe it's because I'm looking at myself in a mirror, or I'm seeing someone else that looks like me in it? Or because the memories from my childhood appeared at my side? Even if I severed these memories, maybe I'd be doing it because I didn't really want to sever them?
Regardless of all of that, this is the path I chose. The place I earned. And I won't allow you to get in my way, Citra. And besides, I don't want my little, naive and crybaby sister to get involved in whatever schemes they might plotting at the temple"
Changing her mind, Rosa closed her eyes again.

07. [Crossing the Skies]

Among the songs handed down by the people of Rhubarb, there is a certain Song of the ARIA: [the Song for Stimulating the Stagnated Circle of Life to Flow Again].

Lyle and Citra arrived at the Tower of Spirits, and found a girl sleeping within it.
She was the Spirit of the Sun, SHERIA, according to what the Spirit of the Moon, FERIA, who had the shape of a young boy, had told them.
They were fraternal twins created by Goddess ARIA, and they constantly took turns to watch over the world.
However, 57 years ago, SHERIA met a young [MESYARIA] man called Saffron and fell in love with him, which caused her to leave the route she had been set to follow ever since the creation of the world. This caused her to fall asleep until the current days.
This distorted the Principles and the power this generated turned Saffron into a monster. But despite this, he still continued protecting the sleeping
SHERIA. Then, Citra sang the song to stimulate LORIA, the Spirit of the Wind, and send SHERIA back to the skies.

Page 12:

08. [The Flowers of Bonding]

A song from Citra's point of view, as she reflected on everything that had happened in this journey after the sun returned to the world.

Citra gave her thanks to everyone. It was because Lyle supported her from the beginning of their journey, and because all the friends they made during it were here that she was able to return the Sun back to the Principles it was supposed to follow. Although she was quite a cheerful person, she also lacked self-confidence and was quite weak-minded. She always had to be under Rosa's shadow, and this made her quite self-deprecating.
"But now, it's different. There are things that only I can do, so I'm glad to be here right now. And I only realized that because of all the people I met since I set out on this journey with Lyle"
The only thing that still worried her was Rosa, who still was back at the Royal Capital. Citra currently didn't have a way of knowing what she sought, or what she was doing.

09. [To the Time of Demise]

The song that Lyle and his friends sang when they threw themselves into a new battle. The second theme song of the story.

They thought everything was over. However, during this brief peace, Rhubarb Village was burned down by someone.
Lyle and the others couldn't hide their shock upon finding this out. Who had done this? No... what was happening in this world now? They had the feeling that something terrible had begun stirring somewhere in the world.
Then, as they were still shocked by this, the black-clothed knight, Grein, appeared before them. The same man that Lyle had been pursuing since long ago to avenge one of his friends.
Grein wanted to head back to the Royal Capital once more to rescue Rosa. While Lyle was the one that Grein asked for help, he couldn't hide his distrust towards the knight, but he still allowed him to accompany them in their journey.
While he still felt regret for the hometown and friends he couldn't protect, Lyle still decided deep in his heart, that no matter what happened from now on, or who was his opponent, he'd still continue fighting.

10. [The One Clinging to the Wings]

A song from the point of view of the religious zealot Forgeit, who believed in his own Goddess to the point of fanaticism, showed despair for the current world to the point it resembled hatred, and sought to awaken Goddess Seshiara.

The place was the Griotte Research Institute, located in the Royal Capital. Inside a dimly illuminated room of that place, there was a man surrounded by books, who abruptly burst into laughter.
He was Forgeit Hauzen, and he was a religious zealot obsessed with awakening Goddess Seshiara. As he went closer to the bed in which Seshiara slept, he muttered in an almost inaudible voice. "I've finally completed the score for the [Song of Life], which had been hidden away throughout the world. With this, everything will come to an end. I'll awaken you at the Tree of Tindharia, and bring the eternal salvation to this world oppressed by the weaklings!"
Forgeit then went to the Altar of Sealed Sounds, and called the current [MESYARIA], Rosa, there. He then used the Sealed Sound technology on the [Song of Life] and the Griotte crystals to conduct a dreadful ceremony.

Page 13:

11. [Frozen World]

A song from the point of view of Grein, who had been drawn into the schemes of fate and lost his precious person.

Grein gave to Citra the necklace that Rosa used to wear.
She told him "In case I disappear, I want to ask this to you: take this necklace, and bury it in the sea instead of my body".
This was the path she had chosen. While he did understand this, Grein didn't have a way of supporting her. And he criticized himself: he did understand Rosa's true feelings, but wasn't capable of protecting her.
He would never forgive the Temple, who had used her feelings for their own profit, and finally killed her. However, if tried getting revenge on them, he would naturally get deposed as a knight.
Citra and Lyle then encouraged him, and feeling that he gotten a new place to which he belonged, Grein decided.
He would fight for Rosa, because that was his duty as her knight.

12. [Inversion of the Circle of Life]

The playback of Rosa's [Song of Life], and the song that Citra created to nullify its effects.

Forgeit began performing the ceremony for reviving Seshiara at the base of the Tree of Tindharia.
Using countless Griotte crystals, he began playing back the [Song of Life].
However, not even the ARIA (life) of the original singer, Rosa, multiplied countless times was enough to bring about the revival.
As this song was a [Song of Life] that didn't contain any ARIA (life) inside of it, it began seeking an external ARIA (life) to absorb it into itself.
"I wanted to sing with Rosa once more, but not a song like this!"
To fight back against the [Song of Life] and nullify it, Citra then began singing a song with the same voice as Rosa, but with a completely inverse meaning. This wasn't a song the Goddess had given them, but an entirely original [Song] created by Citra.
Citra's song managed to fuse perfectly with Rosa's song, played back from the Griotte crystals, and thus, she managed to nullify the [Song of Life] as it tried to drain away her ARIA (life).

13. [FEL FEARY WEL.]

The song that Rosa enclosed in a Griotte, and the song Citra sang in response to it.

Citra prepared the necklace that Rosa had entrusted to her. When she began playing it, Rosa's feelings began flowing out from it. Then, following Rosa's wishes, she returned the Griotte to the sea, and put her own feelings into a song.

Page 14:

What is the [Score of the Aria]...?

Long ago, all of the life forms, or ARIA, existed to maintain the forest existing eternally, and for this, the Goddess gave them [Songs] to protect the forest and return their lives to it. Later on, the Goddess sang new Principles, making it so the forest could exist by itself, going from seeds to fruits and then to seeds back again, looping in an eternal cycle. The sudden change on the Principles left the [ARIA] confused, and some of them even despaired thinking that the Goddess had robbed them of their role in the world.
They then sang the now-useless [Song of Life] to give their lives back to the trees, but this only caused them to lose their lives.
The Chief of the [ARIA] at the time grieved this, and forbade the singing of the [Songs of the ARIA] in order to protect the lives of the people.

However, these [Songs] also contained the precious feelings the Goddess had bestowed them.
Therefore, the Chief of the [ARIA] came up with a way for the will of the creator Goddess to remain hidden in this world.
With the cooperation of the Humans from the City, who already had a civilization level high enough to write their music in scores, the leader made up an unique system of musical notation and writing, and used it to write down all of the [Songs] he knew until the end of his life.
The knowledge of these scores and the [Songs] written in them were passed down only among the successive generations of leaders. Sometimes new songs were added to them, while sometimes part of these songs were lost during the passage of these long years, and parts of them would be left in the hands of the current [MESYARIA].

The Singer of the ARIA: the [MESYARIA]

The story of the Goddess and the Principles eventually became faraway legends.

The records and memories of these times were passed down among the successive generations of the [MESYARIA].
A long time ago, it was decided that the person who knew about the score
left by the leader of the [ARIA], together with the way of reading and singing it, and was capable of singing it as well would be called the [Singer of the ARIA].
Only the true [MESYARIA] is allowed to learn about these matters, and their existence has been nurtured, kept hidden and protected in Rhubarb Village, built in the depths of the forest.

Page 15:

The Score of the [Song of Life]

This is the [Song] the ARIA used to return their lives to the trees, which lost its meaning thanks to the new Principles.
As it became a method for throwing the life of the singer away, it was decided that this Song should never be sung again, so the Chief decided that the score for this song should be left in an unique and special way. The result of this was that the score was broken in pieces.
Although it was still the score for a single song, it was now impossible to understand it. The leader then borrowed the power of the Spirit of Wind, LORIA, and used it to scatter the pieces to the very ends of the world.

The Score's Notation and Writing Method

There are seven basic symbols for representing each of the seven musical notes, from A to G, and the symbol that represents the length of each note is written right after the note to which it corresponds.
As for the parts that represent the semitones # and b, they are written either above or below the ones that represent the ups and downs in the octaves range, which makes this system suitable enough for the writing and reading of melodies.
The separation for one and two bars serves both as a way to divide the score and the lyrics of the song in parts, however, the words that correspond to each sound aren't written down.

C D E F G A B Silence
Full Note 1/2-Note 1/4-Note 1/8-Note 1/16-Note

# b # b # b # b
Octave Up Octave Up Octave Down Octave Down Octave Up Octave Down

<Example>: The Initial Choruses from [Kingdom of Irregularities]

Page 16:

Lyle Serge

A hot-blooded boy that seeks to avenge a friend.

Page 17:

"No means no. And you still say you wanna fight for real?"

Born in Rhubarb Village. He is 16 years old, and a childhood friend of Rosa and Citra.
He has lived alone with his mother since he was very young, yet he treasures the sword that was left as a memento of his father.
While he might seem quite blunt, it's because he's quite shy. His forte is taking care of others, which causes him to mostly end up in quite disadvantageous roles to himself. He's also pretty self-conscious about his height. He went on a journey with Citra to pursue a black-clothed knight who had killed one of his friends.

Page 18:

Citra Apiareid

A singing girl who keeps her memories of being with her older twin in her heart.

Page 19:

"If I ever forgot how to sing, wouldn't Rosa get angry at me?"

A girl from Rhubarb Village, 15 years old.
She is a candidate to [Singer of the ARIA]/[MESYARIA].
She isn't very proactive, but has an innate ease to honestly express her feelings.
The fact that she is unable to sing like her twin, Rosa, made her hide somewhere in her heart the feelings of admiration and inferiority this brought her.

[Citra's Songs]
She sings out all the feelings she currently has in her heart, just as her personality is.

Page 20:

Rosa Apiareid

The songstress of the Temple, who chose to sever away her past from herself.

Page 21:

"...I hate that girl. I don't want to ever remember her"

Although she was born in Rhubarb Village, she currently lives in the Temple of the Royal Capital Foeneglic.
15 years old. As Citra's older twin, she is also another candidate to [MESYARIA].

As she has an strong sense of responsibility, it was easy enough to choose who would be given that role between her and Citra.
The fact that she is unable to sing like her twin, Citra, made her hide somewhere in her heart the feelings of admiration and envy this brought her.

[Rosa's Songs]
Like the [ARIA] from long ago, she represses her own feelings and sings in a more practical manner.

Page 22:

Grein Pasleir

A black-clothed knight from the Kingdom.

Page 23:

"Of course. I'm your knight, after all"

One of the knights deployed in the research facility located in the Royal Capital Foeneglic. 18 years old.
As he had become quite good friends with Rosa, who was giving her cooperation for the research that was being carried at the moment in the research facility, he ended being dispatched to accomplish jobs throughout the entire kingdom very frequently, which ended making him known by everyone else as a handyman.

He has acquaintances in every town in the world, and he has become especially popular among older women, but he doesn't really care about them, given his blunt and extremely serious personality.
He has also become quite harsh and loquacious.

Page 24:

Forgeit Hauzen

"To create a world that can save these weaklings, we need the help of the Goddess"

Born in Ruined City Cardamon.
Although he was a orphan, he managed to escape to Rhubarb Village, where the [MESYARIA] lived, and there, he gained all sorts of hidden knowledge about the sealed [Songs of the ARIA].
Later on, he raised in positions and became a very influential person in the Temple for worshiping Goddess ARIA at the Royal Capital Foeneglic, and thanks to his knowledge, he is also part of the Royal Research Institute, where he keeps working in a certain research.

Page 25:

Seshiara Apiareid

"...If my Songs can heal someone, then..."

Born in Rhubarb Village.
She was a woman born in the genuine family of the [MESYARIA], and she's commonly called the Goddess ARIA of the current era.
She's also the mother of Rosa and Citra.
A long time ago, she sang the [Song] to save this world, and it's said that she is currently sleeping in the depths of the Temple.

Page 26:

Saffron Apiareid

A young man, who also used to be the [MESYARIA] of the previous generation.
He was 32 years old at the time of his disappearance.
He went missing around 57 years ago, when he went to investigate a mysterious light that fell from the sky.
It's said that he was devoured by a monster that appeared around the Tower that allows to communicate with the Spirits.

Marta Apiareid

The current [MESYARIA]. 71 years old.
She is the grandmother of the heroines, Rosa and Citra, and Saffron's younger sister.
While she is quite strict about upholding the traditions and laws of the Apiareid family, she also has quite a playful side.
She still continues awaiting for the return of her older brother Saffron, who disappeared long ago.

Page 27:

SHERIA (Spirit of the Sun)

She is the Spirit of the Sun, which has kept circling around this world ever since the times of Creation. She continues watching over the world during a half of the day: the daytime.
According to the Principles decided by the Goddess, she must never stop in a single place.

FERIA (Spirit of the Moon)

He is the Spirit of the Moon, which has kept circling around this world ever since the times of Creation, and SHERIA's older twin. He continues watching over the world during a half of the day: the nighttime.
According to the Principles decided by the Goddess, he must never stop in a single place.

Page 28:

Claire Ranan

She is a cook who aims to be able to provide the people with tasty meals in these times in which food can't be successfully harvested, so she uses all sorts of ingredients in the meals she makes.
She was in the middle of journey to seek new types of ingredients with her Kururu, and then she met Citra and Lyle. She is also seeking a certain man that's connected to her extreme distrust in men.
Her personal motto is: "I'll never lie about the taste or the ingredients"

Vold Loria

He is a self-titled wonderful violinist. 19 years old.
He appears very frequently at the bar of Mining Town Graria, located at the north of Royal Capital Foeneglic.
Having fallen in love with Citra's singing voice, he partially forced her to form a band with him that they dubbed [Voldcit].
Due to his natural ability to show up in all sorts of places, he has dubbed himself as a friend of Grein and Barnes.

Barnes Claude

His personal history is a complete mystery, and he seems to be in his late thirties.
As he calls himself a [retired], the rest of the villagers call him [Mr. Retirement].
He usually spends most of his days fishing at the remote shorelines of Fishing Village Oregano.
He seems to know quite a bit about the Royal Research Institute and the Griotte, but he prefers to not talk about it.

Miruru Betny

As a resident of the lower strata of Royal Capital Foeneglic, she could also be called the resident of a low-lying part of a city. 10 years old.
She is quite cheerful and fast on her feet.
In order to go see her father, who had gone to work at Mining Town Graria and was so busy he couldn't ever return to see her, she began working to save up enough money to afford a train ticket there, but due to a certain incident, she ended turning into a thief.

Page 29:

Leaf Galbanam

A knight of the Kingdom of Foeniclum. 41 years old.
He is also the person for who the Fifth Prince, Vordinand, has the most trust.
He has been dispatched to Rhubarb Village in several occasions, and it was by teaching them swordfighting that he ended becoming good friends with both Lyle and Elfin.

Flora Serge

Lyle's mother. 37 years old.
She raised Lyle all by herself, and she has also lived in Rhubarb Village during all her life.
She is also very well-liked in the village due to her lively personality.
While she has realized Lyle's interest for swordfighting, she prefers to turn a blind eye on it.

Elfin Sazerraph

A close friend of Lyle ever since they were children. 15 years old.
He was raised alongside Rosa and Citra, and thus he has strong feelings for Citra.
After Rosa left the village, he promised Citra that he would someday make them both meet again, and also got Lyle roped in his swordfighting practices.

Vordinand Foeniclum

The Fifth Prince of the Kingdom of Foeniclum, and a feminist.
As a witty and able person, he has quite a sharp intuition, and thus is very aware of his surroundings. While there are rumors of him having a lover in a solitary island located at the south of Port City Mullein, no one has ever confirmed or disproved them.

While this isn't as informative as the translation I did for ARIA's story notes, or the summary I did for Tindharia, I hope it serves of help to everyone to understand this album better.

Last edited by aquagon; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM.