VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:26 PM

Say, Lackadaisical, you have a physical copy of this soundtrack, right? Can you please put up a Track listing for me, please? I'm curious to know how many songs are on this Album.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:42 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I haven't found the tracklist yet.
But a very small picture of the back cover indicates me there are 30 tracks in total.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:28 PM

You know, if it wasn't for an accidental click to the forums in combination with this topic being the one with the most recent post, I probably would have missed this completely.

Anyway, the soundtrack I received was packaged with something else, so I cannot see the back of the CD without opening it. So, unless I can get over my OCD issue(s), I don't think I will be opening that package in the immediate future.

With all that in mind, I did manage to find information on the tracklisting as well as some other information regarding the soundtrack through the following website: http://park14.wakwak.com/~valsound//music/phantom.html.

That should answer your question, Red Blazer.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:55 PM

I've converted the Shift-JIS to normal Japanese characters to make it easier to work it. I'll paste it in code here.

Code:
[XBOX360(限定版/通常版)]

XBOX360:2011年6月2日発売

限定版に付属しているサウンドトラックCDに収録されている全BGMの曲名リストを書いてみます。

#	Title				Index
2	ファントムブレイカー			タイトル
3	適正者たち				プレイヤーセレクト
4	DeepDuelist			VS画面
5	願いの代償				美琴[MIKOTO]テーマ
6	まほまほ・ステップアップ♪		芽依[MEI]テーマ
7	破邪の宿命				稚[WAKA]テーマ
8	隠密の系譜				柚葉[YUZUHA]テーマ
9	ガベージコレクション			影霧[M]テーマ
10	拳のカタルシス			蓮[REN]テーマ
11	ストキャスティクスタイム			刻夜[TOKIA]テーマ
12	復讐の堕天使			莉亜[RIA]テーマ
13	夢見るクラッシャー			唯月[ITSUKI]テーマ
14	クセニアの爪			心愛[COCOA]テーマ
15	無限のハウリング			インフィニティ[INFINITY]テーマ
16	シュレーディンガーの猫			フィン[FIN]テーマ
17	アールデコの剣			梨深[RIMI]テーマ
18	世界線を越えて -GATE OF STEINER-	紅莉栖[KURISU]テーマ
19	Interrupt your fight		乱入
20	勝利と願いと時空の歪みと		WIN画面
21	終焉への秒読み			コンティニュー
22	潰えた願い				ゲームオーバー
23	幻影に敗れし者たち			ネームランキング
24	usually time2.0			ストーリー普・昼BGM
25	消えゆく灯火			ストーリー寂・夜BGM
26	闇の扇動				ストーリー怖・謎BGM
27	スカベンジャー			ストーリー襲・恐BGM
28	決闘の時				ストーリー戦・競BGM
29	喪失				ストーリー死・別BGM

サントラCDでは主要曲を2ループ収録してます。
ベースを始めとするFM音源音色や、各音色を生かした曲作りが出来るよう頑張ってみました。
初期版ではもっとFM音源チックな曲も・りましたが、全体統合する形で現状に落ち着きました。
私の作るBGMは完成したらいじらない事が多いですが、今回は殆どの曲を調整しています。
曲そのものを作り直した物も多かったりします。
しばらくしたら楽曲解説を書いてみたいと思います。

2011/06/03 Takeshi Abo.

無事発売日となりました。
新しい体験版に加え、対戦動画の方が公式公開されています。
→公式内サイトのMOVIEコンテンツ

その動画にてBGMの方も流れていますので、そのBGMのテーマとなる人物を書いてみますと…

その1:柚葉
その2:刻夜
その3:唯月
その4:莉亜
その5:美琴
その6:影霧
その7:稚
その8:心愛
その9:唯月

…となっております。
特に戦っているキャラに関連しているわけではないようですね。
ファントムブレイカーのBGMは密かにかなり前に作った物でして、
一番古い物ですと2008年11月に作ってます。
作り直した楽曲も多く、バージョンも多数・ります。
手掛けてからリリースまでの期間が長かったので、
無事発売日を迎える事が出来て嬉しい限りです。
そんなBGM群も宜しくお願い致します。

2011/06/02 Takeshi Abo.

本日ファントムブレイカーの発売日が決定・公開されました。
発売日未定になった時にはハラハラしました。一安心です。
本作は全BGMの作編曲マスタリング等全て担当しております。

そして現在体験版がXbox LIVEマーケットプレースにて配信中です。
ゲーム中の雰囲気を垣間見れますので、機会が・れば是非お試し下さいませ。
私的にはBGMの方にも耳を傾けて頂ければ幸いです。
体験版では数曲聴く事が出来るようです。
また、本日プロモーション映像の方も先行公開されましたので、
併せて聴いて下さいませ。→ファミ通.comさんの記事

製品の限定版には全BGM収録のサウンドトラックCDが付属してます。
宜しくお願い致します。

2011/04/20 Takeshi Abo.
I'm not sure how much is relevant; I just copied it all.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 06:36 PM

Thank you, everyone, for helping me out. It's greatly appreciated.

So, Lackadaisical, how much do you want for Your Phantom Breaker OST?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 02:35 AM

I've submitted a new tracklist based on the official English translations. I accidentally replaced the previous English tracklist instead of just adding a new one, but luckily I still had it opened in a separate tab so I was able to add it back without any issues. I was thinking we might want to keep the old one around because it looks like some of the official translations aren't exactly faithful to the original Japanese such as with "まほまほ・ステップアップ♪" which was changed to "Sparkle Engine."

Interestingly, I noticed that some of the titles don't match up with their Phantom Breaker: Battle Ground equivalents despite the English digital releases for that soundtrack and this one being released at the same time. Unless I missed some these should be all the ones with differing titles.

Costly Wish → The Cost of a Wish
Claw of Ksenia → Claws of Ksenia (It should actually be just "claw.")
Garbage Collection → Compactor
Beyond the Horizon → Transcending Worlds
Infinite Howling → Infinite Howl
Countdown to Destruction → Countdown to Death
Destroyed by Phantom → Defeated by the Phantom ("Phantom" is the name of the main antagonist so it should actually be "by Phantom" not "by the Phantom." The video on Rocket Panda Games' youtube channel uses the correct title instead.)

It looks like a lot of the PB and PBBG titles used different characters despite being the same tracks so perhaps that's what caused some of the English titles to be inconsistent. Speaking of which, could anyone confirm if "しょうりとねがいといかりゃく" & "勝利と願いと時空の歪み" mean the same thing or not? I was curious because the former was translated as "Victory and Hopes and" for the PBBG soundtrack while the latter was translated as "Victory, Hope and the Distortion of Space-time" on the PB: Extra soundtrack. I was wondering if the unfinished title on the PBBG one was intentional or an oversight seeing as the original version's English title doesn't have the same abrupt cut-off.

Additionally, would "幻影に敗れし者たち" actually translate to "Defeated by Phantom?" Considering that it's apparently the BGM used for when you enter a name into the rankings screen (which you would presumably do after finishing a character's story/arcade) I get the impression that it was actually intended to be read as something more akin to unofficial translation, "Those Who Defeated the Phantom." Granted, it doesn't appear that you ever physically battle Phantom in any of the games, but you seemingly do still foil his plans so in a sense you are still "defeating" him.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Jun 28, 2021 at 02:57 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 08:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

"しょうりとねがいといかりゃく" isn't the same as "勝利と願いと時空の歪み". いかりゃく here I think is 以下略 that is kinda 'and so on', 'ommited'. So the translation is ok but not very clear (maybe something like "Victory, Hopes and *snip*").

"(those) Defeated by (the) Phantom" I'd say it's correct, and that in an arcade-like game one sees the name/rankings screen a lot more (only?) after a game over than endings (hence this track goes after game over).
Old Jun 29, 2021, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
"しょうりとねがいといかりゃく" isn't the same as "勝利と願いと時空の歪み". いかりゃく here I think is 以下略 that is kinda 'and so on', 'ommited'. So the translation is ok but not very clear (maybe something like "Victory, Hopes and *snip*").

"(those) Defeated by (the) Phantom" I'd say it's correct, and that in an arcade-like game one sees the name/rankings screen a lot more (only?) after a game over than endings (hence this track goes after game over).
Thanks for clearing that up, personally I think they should have titled it something like "Victory, Hope and..." or "Victory, Hope, etc." to avoid any confusion.
In regards to the second one, that's a good point, I think the reason I thought the other title seemed more fitting is because the track itself seemed too mellow to be associated with seeing the ranking screen via a game over if that makes any sense.