VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 8, 2008, 08:26 AM

Default Interest check: Castlevania / Dracula X vinyl/LP for sale

Hello.

I have the auction's page ready to go but I thought somebody here might be interested. I am basically selling my Castlevania vinyl/LP. Maybe it's easier if I just paste the description I made here, with pictures:

<p /> Hello and welcome to my page. Today I am selling this promotional Japanese Dracula X (Symphony of the Night) vinyl/LP. There are two songs on it, both taken from the album "Konami Game Music Remix Series Volume 1: Dracula X Remixies" (catalog number KICA-7801). They are "Gate to Heaven" and "Vampire Killer" from DJ Feilong and Carina (please see my pictures below).

<p /> This LP was printed under the Konamix label in 1997 and was probably the first LP ever printed under this label (since the catalog number is KMX-001); it was also never available for sale. How can I be so sure, you may ask? Well, as you probably know (or not), all commercial Japanese soundtracks (yes, vinyls too) come with a spinecard on which all information on the album can be found - especially the price. This album never had a spinecard and the black sleeve in which it originally comes strongly suggests it was a promotional object, maybe played at live events and/or clubs. There is also a version of this LP where the black sleeve comes with a rectangular sticker with information and copyrights on it. I think the first LP of every "batch" had a sticker put on it; this might explain why most sleeves for this album are just black with nothing on them.

<p /> The last-but-one picture, showing a portion of the LP (Side A), tries to show the small "Feilong" engraving written in Japanese characters. I have no idea who did that, but it might as well be DJ Feilong himself, signing his own personal vinyls. Who knows?

<p /> (1) The vinyl itself is in perfect condition and has never been played. (2) The inner white sleeve is also in perfect condition. (3) The outer black sleeve is in almost perfect condition; it only has some small marks at some edges (bad shipping...) and a small crease at the bottom (please see picture). I will pack this object very seriously, as I am myself a collector and know how bad postal services handle our precious things.

Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:14 AM

Interesting album
How did you get it?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:31 PM

After endless searches...