VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:49 AM

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Last edited by ChunkyLover130; Aug 24, 2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 01:30 PM

Earlier I added this to the Artist section of the notes: Hitoshi Sakimoto: 1.01, 1.11 to have Sakimoto on that list as well, and to acknowledge the fact that 1.11 (credited to Kudo) contains arrangements (by Kudo) of two earlier compositions by Sakimoto. A track can have more than one composer.

CHz removed that text from the notes.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 02:29 PM

^If I understand correctly, not that big of a deal: both tracks The Ties That Bind (Leon)+The Ties That Bind (Ada) from the BIOHAZARD 6 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK contain arrangements/nods of Masami Ueda's Ada's Theme (from BIOHAZARD 2), yet, you don't see Ueda credited anywhere as a composer on 6's album page.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Jan 18, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 02:41 PM
VGMdb Staff

Reminds me of the "Ezio's Family" use in Assassin's Creed Unity/Rogue and Syndicate, basically small arrangements for just certain parts of the tracks in question. Ubisoft still credited Jesper Kyd though.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 02:50 PM

For one, Sakimoto is officially credited (for every track, on Amazon and iTunes). Secondly, I had put the info in the notes, which "is a catch-all for any interesting information that doesn't fit anywhere else. Place full artist and performer breakdown, history, any other interesting tidbits [there]."
The info I had added is a fact, it's relevant, though not officially acknowledged. It's for us fans to pick up these crumbs. I can't see why it would bother anyone.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by DanteLectro; Jan 18, 2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 02:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
Earlier I added this to the Artist section of the notes: Hitoshi Sakimoto: 1.01, 1.11 to have Sakimoto on that list as well, and to acknowledge the fact that 1.11 (credited to Kudo) contains arrangements (by Kudo) of two earlier compositions by Sakimoto. A track can have more than one composer.

CHz removed that text from the notes.
The breakdown as written currently mirrors what's in the booklet, pages 1-2 & 5-6, which is the only place those credits are given.

Sakimoto is explicitly not mentioned for track 1.01 in that section, only on the main staff page in the back of the booklet (the credits from which immediately follow).

He's likewise not mentioned for track 1.11 because the credits aren't for composition; it's literally "tracks they were responsible for," and since Kudo did the arrangement, he's the only one listed. I tried to capture the vagueness with "artist," and I left in your list of the medley sources because that's totally fine.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
the credits aren't for composition; it's literally "tracks they were responsible for" [...]. I tried to capture the vagueness with "artist"
I see, that vagueness is making our job a bit difficult.
Your arguments are sound, I don't disagree. I'll probably edit the medley part of the notes later for some further clarification.

Last edited by DanteLectro; Jan 18, 2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 04:30 PM

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Last edited by ChunkyLover130; Aug 24, 2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 04:13 AM

I've checked and confirmed. Originally I had thought that Kudo took "Untouchable Vision" and "Introduction" and arranged them; I was unfamiliar with "Impermanence". Thank you, ChunkyLover130.