VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:42 AM

I think the first Fire Emblem game released for NES (actually Famicom) was Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi. At least this is what GameFAQs calls it (and also just what it says on the box). And the only other Fire Emblem game released for Famicom seems to be Fire Emblem Gaiden, so I really think this is the one. I'll change it if someone doesn't know something I don't (just plain Fire Emblem might refer to the GBA release I think, which was also released in USA).

Last edited by Medina; Jul 17, 2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:01 AM
VGMdb Staff

You're right, that's the game in question. It's also stated in a few places in the booklet (e.g. page 3).
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:15 AM

Hey, I never really paid much attention to that. Oh by the way, I also made a change to the titles of these 2 albums, it's how it appears wherever I see it in the booklets and such.

Last edited by Medina; Jul 17, 2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:51 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

So if Hirokazu Tanaka is listed first in the in-game credits for music along with Yuka, how come Tanaka never gets credit for the music on any of the albums? I'm not familiar with the full soundtrack, but it's seemingly complete here. Just wondering where Tanaka fits in, or if he just did sound effects while being credited for music.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:00 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Tanaka's rather comprehensive site doesn't list this album or anything FE related, probably just sound effects/programming.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:06 PM

About the last song, is the track actually cut-off at only 8 seconds in the album? Because in-game, the song's about two and a half minutes long without looping.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:01 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Must have been an error, i corrected the last tracklength.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:46 AM

Yes, Tanaka does get credited in the game, but only because he was mentoring Tsujiyoko at the time. I believe he even got credit for helping in Gaiden as well. Though, in an interview with Tsujiyoko, she says that the creator Shouzou Kaga and herself were the last two working on completing the first game. So based on that fact, she gets credits for all the music. If Tanaka had done just compositions, I'm sure they would not blatantly discredit him for it. He was the pioneering and lead composer for all of the Famicom titles in that era.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 03:50 PM

Some "recent" localization notes if interested
Song Names:
From "Fire Emblem Heroes" localization:
1.01 Opening Title (Demo)
1.24 Story 6 Marth and Caeda's Talk
2.13 World Map Act 3: (War of Deliverance: Respective Paths)
2.32 Castle (March)

From "Super Smash Bros." localization:
1.06 Story 5 Meeting
2.08 Fight 1
Source: https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBU...Emblem_series)

Other localization notes
From "Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon" localization:
1.07 武器の店 (Weapon Shop) is localized as "Armory" in the game's sound test; 預かり所 (Storage) is localized as "Convoy" in most games in the series.
Source: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Soun..._Shadow_Dragon
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Supply_convoy
1.11 & 2.22 ライブの杖 (Life Staff) is localized as "Heal Staff".
Source: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Heal

From "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia" localization:
2.02 ソフィアへ (To Zofia) albeit found as "ソフィアへ!" is localized as "Zofia's Call"
2.05 セリカの旅立ち (Celica's Departure) is localized as "The Pilgrimage"
2.17 悲しみの大地 (The Land of Sorrow) is localized as "Land of Sorrow"
2.25 再会,そして (Reunion, and Then...) albeit found as "再会、そして…" is localized as "Together to the End"
*This 4 localizations are taken from the in-game Act names: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/List...ws_of_Valentia).
2.12 出逢い (Encounter) is localized as "Unity" in the game's sound test.
Source: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Soun...ws_of_Valentia

Conjucted titles
2.24 While I could not find an exact match, "Echoes: Shadows of Valentia" feature the song "Forest of Wandering" (彷徨の森) and recently, "Fire Emblem Engage" introduced an item named "Revival Stone" (復活の石), so either is translated as "Forest of Revival" or "Revival Forest".
1.18 "Story 3 Talk", based on the localization of the song 1.24.

Personaly I would trust the main games localization, like the remakes and "Heroes" to an extent ("Heroes" have also named a song (that I didn't list here) from Gaiden the same way as this soundtrack (https://vgmdb.net/album/65542), which takes the new remix name from "Echoes: Shadows of Valentia" and add "(Classic)" at the end).

From the Smash Bros. series localization, I would not trust. "Meeting" and "Fight" could be acceptable but "Fire Emblem Heroes" have localized a "Thracia 776" song as "Encounters and Reunions" (出会い,再会) and "Fire Emblem Warriors" second chapter is named "Woodlands Encounters" albeit its only named 出会い (Encounter); meanwhile "Fight", most games localized song titles use "Battle" for 戦い. Examples:
戦いの中で 運命 -> Battle: Fate (from Thracia 776 / Heroes localization)
負けられぬ戦い -> The Battle Must Be Won (The Sacred Stones)
最後の戦い -> The Final Battle (from Sacred Stones)
戦いを終えて… -> After the Battle (from Shadow Dragon)

Also, for 2.16 & 2.26, could change the " - " to "/" because they represent that both places share that one song, similar on how is used in the Pokémon series, for example, "Battle! (Palkia/Dialga)"; or Kirby with "Forest/Nature Area".

Last edited by Yubal13; Jul 21, 2023 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Extended info, better exposition