VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 29, 2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzeraph View Post
Hey, was someone asking for tabs? I used to make S.S.H tabs. I need some money lol
I would pay for midis?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbz View Post
I would pay for midis?
I'm the one who uploaded it to Ultimate-Guitar

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/u/MegaMonsterMama
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:30 AM

Since the hosts here for the MIDIs have either been privated or outright removed, are there any hosts left?
I see that txt document on the fansite and haven't been able to reverse any of it, so I'll have to ask.

By the way, just want to thank for the fansite. It's very thorough and is giving me some ideas on how to arrange my own site.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 03:43 AM

Looks like it's been a few months since Layzee's logged in here - hope he's doing well
Old Oct 15, 2022, 06:42 PM

Anyways, I'm pretty much open to transcribing some tracks.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelostrune View Post
Since the hosts here for the MIDIs have either been privated or outright removed, are there any hosts left?
I see that txt document on the fansite and haven't been able to reverse any of it, so I'll have to ask.

By the way, just want to thank for the fansite. It's very thorough and is giving me some ideas on how to arrange my own site.
Same i would very much like a copy of the folder with all the midis to record them on my MU-2000
Old Jan 25, 2023, 03:53 PM

In case you didn't know SSH and Aether has a shared spotify artist page now with lots of great albums: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0UxW0j9RDVA1NKYlhWg1mS (he had this one before with only a few things: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6kv8jNSlUDuUcthzbn9xJy )

It's part of a huge lot of Touhou music posted under this label: https://open.spotify.com/search/labe...%80%9A./albums

Last edited by Forcen; Jan 25, 2023 at 04:06 PM. Reason: more links
Old Jan 26, 2023, 01:12 AM

Thanks for that link!
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old Feb 4, 2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Same i would very much like a copy of the folder with all the midis to record them on my MU-2000
Did you not already have some? You've also published recordings on your Youtube channel.

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain Jace but the link is dead now. Also Layzee would it be alright if you could upload your S.S.H midis aswell?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 03:51 PM

Yes i do but only the ones that were available on the wayback machine.I am missing quiet a few of his midis still like rough edge,searching for friends,daddy mulk etc
Old Feb 5, 2023, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Yes i do but only the ones that were available on the wayback machine.
And you don't want to upload those? ssh.ne.jp has been excluded from Wayback, so they are impossible to get now, if that's where they were.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 03:04 PM

Quote:
And you don't want to upload those? ssh.ne.jp has been excluded from Wayback, so they are impossible to get now, if that's where they were.
Ive been uploading all the ones that SSH himself never uploaded in .MP3 format like the cold shade of night,After burner,Going on MU-100 Version ,Ontology etc
Myself and a fellow enthusiast managed to download everything off the SSH website long before it went down on the wayback machine,since then i have been searching the web extensively for the remaining ones. Layzee according to his site appears to have the remaining ones but has been AFK for a while now. If there are any of SSH's MU-100 midis you would like to hear i dont mind rendering and uploading them for you,the same applies to anyone who has the midis but doesnt have a Yamaha MU-100/MU-2000. I just wish i could get my hands on Rough edge so i could upload a higher quality version.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Ive been uploading all the ones that SSH himself never uploaded in .MP3 format
Sorry, I did mean as MIDI. Personally I can't study the sysex from the MIDIs through mp3s, and I'm sure others would like to have lossless recordings instead of lossy ones, some with their own MU2000s.
Luckily, @OnlyMIDIs on Twitter has uploaded four of them to a Dropbox:

CYB-2000.mid
F0-B2000.mid
FF6ANOHI.mid
TF4-END2.mid

The account holder has more of Saitama's MIDIs such as Travel Demon, but hasn't uploaded them to the folder yet. Hopefully those will get added over time, if no one else who's sitting on a collection is willing to upload it.

Editing instead of replying for the one below to avoid needlessly bumping. Unfortunately transcriptions don't really cover sysex *and sysex cannot simply be seen in videos like in the tweets*, unfortunately...
I heavily recommend getting somewhat familiar with what that is, since without changing any system paramaters, even Saitama's stuff will sound not much better than running the MIDI through a Sound Canvas or similar.

Last edited by Thelostrune; Feb 9, 2023 at 05:02 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:37 AM

Man, I transcribed Travel Demon like 10 years ago. Maybe it's not 100% accurate but I put it on Ultimate-Guitar.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 01:37 AM

Recently myself and others came across some SSH GM midi files which needed converting and coding back into XG with all the effects and such here are 2 examples that we have done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATZPLFPiFVw - Metal Max 2 boss fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zswrz-7WA - FFX otherworld

The FFX one was in a lot worse shape then the metal max one and unfortunatly couldn't be restored more faithfully so is more of a loose remix please enjoy.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I did mean as MIDI. Personally I can't study the sysex from the MIDIs through mp3s, and I'm sure others would like to have lossless recordings instead of lossy ones, some with their own MU2000s.
Luckily, @OnlyMIDIs on Twitter has uploaded four of them to a Dropbox:

CYB-2000.mid
F0-B2000.mid
FF6ANOHI.mid
TF4-END2.mid

The account holder has more of Saitama's MIDIs such as Travel Demon, but hasn't uploaded them to the folder yet. Hopefully those will get added over time, if no one else who's sitting on a collection is willing to upload it.

Editing instead of replying for the one below to avoid needlessly bumping. Unfortunately transcriptions don't really cover sysex *and sysex cannot simply be seen in videos like in the tweets*, unfortunately...
I heavily recommend getting somewhat familiar with what that is, since without changing any system paramaters, even Saitama's stuff will sound not much better than running the MIDI through a Sound Canvas or similar.
Here is a folder of what was found on his website before it was wiped on the wayback machine if anyone else is good with XG and the Yamaha MU-100/1000/2000 please contact me.

https://mega.nz/folder/ivgGVDKb#2A5-yZ5vBD54pJM0utnasQ
Old Apr 18, 2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Here is a folder of what was found on his website before it was wiped on the wayback machine
https://mega.nz/folder/ivgGVDKb#2A5-yZ5vBD54pJM0utnasQ
Thank you very much. I was going to mention that OnlyMIDIs has uploaded two new tracks (HOLY2000, TRAVEL-D) to the Dropbox, but these are in here anyway.
Great step for preservation, I'll be rehosting these elsewhere at some point later. Hopefully we'll get the rest of the list sometime.

Quote:
Recently myself and others came across some SSH GM midi files which needed converting and coding back into XG with all the effects and such
Assuming that was all manually done to the ones in the GM folder, that's impressive. These seem to be completely unknown, so some interpretation would be needed either way. I'm curious about where those were found in the first place, though.

Last edited by Thelostrune; Apr 18, 2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Assuming that was all manually done to the ones in the GM folder, that's impressive. These seem to be completely unknown, so some interpretation would be needed either way. I'm curious about where those were found in the first place, though.
They were found on the wayback machine on S.S.H's website from what i understand he must have had these play on an embedded player on his website at some point as GM was more readily avalible to anyone visiting the site as XG is some what niche in the midi community as compared to GS.

Also here is another midi i recently came across
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BZDd6i7b2k
Old Apr 21, 2023, 04:43 PM

I keep getting ignored XD. I have the complete Holy Orders Midi and the Fuuga arrangement made from ear alone. Anyways, I'm still open to transcribing more.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 02:56 AM

Quote:
They were found on the wayback machine on S.S.H's website from what i understand he must have had these play on an embedded player on his website at some point as GM was more readily avalible to anyone visiting the site as XG is some what niche in the midi community as compared to GS.
Though it is kinda weird to play MIDIs over a music player, I guess there's a possibility. No way of verifying that now unfortunately, but I like the idea.

Quote:
Also here is another midi i recently came across
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BZDd6i7b2k
Could I ask you to update the MEGA folder with the other Saitama MIDIs you find, especially since you keep unearthing them from the unknown void? It'd be extremely appreciated.
The Ultimate Destroyer version you uploaded seems to be a completely new thing, if that is indeed by Saitama and not someone else. Tried to check the metadata?

Quote:
I keep getting ignored XD. Anyways, I'm still open to transcribing more.
Yes, and maybe understandably so when you're advertising yourself at every possibly moment.
While it's appreciated, it's not relevant to this side-discussion as you should have noticed if you've parsed what the has been said in the discussion.
Quote:
Yeah, you're talking about midis, which I could provide. totally unrelated, I know.
And again, yes. MIDI transcriptions are unrelated because as I said, they do not magically contain sysex and otherwise deviate in terms of accuracy. In other words; a recreation is not the "real deal" and wasn't what was sought in this instance.
People actually reading through the thread will know what you're offering since you've been advertising it so aggressively. I'll be honest and say it's pointless to do it further; the ones who seek what you do will contact you, anyway.

Last edited by Thelostrune; Apr 25, 2023 at 02:14 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:35 AM

Yeah, you're talking about midis, which I could provide. totally unrelated, I know.
Old May 5, 2023, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Though it is kinda weird to play MIDIs over a music player, I guess there's a possibility. No way of verifying that now unfortunately, but I like the idea.

Could I ask you to update the MEGA folder with the other Saitama MIDIs you find, especially since you keep unearthing them from the unknown void? It'd be extremely appreciated.
The Ultimate Destroyer version you uploaded seems to be a completely new thing, if that is indeed by Saitama and not someone else. Tried to check the metadata?
I will do an update soon as i noticed i am missing one or two that should have been added recently. The ultimate destroyer midi i found is a cover of the S.S.H version as the sysex data is different. It contains different instrument usage and insertion effects that he doesn't use, like the rotary for the organ channel.
If anyone has midi files that are not already in the mega folder please feel free to contact me so i can add it to the folder.
Old May 5, 2023, 01:32 AM

Quote:
If getting the other midis prove to be unsuccessful then cover midis might be the way to go, i have a Yamaha MU-2000 so getting the S.S.H sound wont be an issue.
Old May 5, 2023, 02:01 AM

Call out for Layzee if you could post the files from this list we would greatly appreciate it.
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa...abase/midi.txt

I wish to record and upload/preserve all of S.S.H midi works.
Old May 5, 2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
If getting the other midis prove to be unsuccessful then cover midis might be the way to go, i have a Yamaha MU-2000 so getting the S.S.H sound wont be an issue.
I transcribe by ear.
Old May 6, 2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I transcribe by ear.
feel free to post the midis.I can use the MU-2000 to render them
Old May 8, 2023, 01:01 PM

Default Midis

Ok, I made this Tbas many years ago. It's possible they have mistakes but they sound very close. These are 3 midis that weren't in the official folder. The link last 7 days.

https://easyupload.io/nkubod
Old May 9, 2023, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Ok, I made this Tbas many years ago. It's possible they have mistakes but they sound very close. These are 3 midis that weren't in the official folder. The link last 7 days.

https://easyupload.io/nkubod
Cheers we will get to work on them and hopefully have them in the sound of SSH, They are very good midis but will require adding sysex coding,instrument insertion effects and converting to XG to get the same sound.

If i could make one request could you possibly do SSH's version of rough edge i think you would nail it.
Old May 9, 2023, 05:16 AM

Quick update

Recently recorded another midi gifted, This time its the MU-100 version of YS4 The dawn of YS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNus...ature=youtu.be