VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:11 PM
Trusted Editor

Can anyone confirm that sticker scan is really a "sticker scan"? To me it really looks more like the back of the booklet, which is (in fact) currently missing.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 02:58 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

The "NOT FOR SALE" mention in the back of a booklet seems too weird to me, so i think it's a sticker.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:57 PM
Trusted Editor

I'm pretty sure this is a sticker, kind of like that one.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's either a sticker or an insert card, from the looks of it.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Taking into consideration the size of the scan (and assuming that the DPI didn't change between scans) it's a rather large sticker, around as large as the booklet dimensions themself.

I just had in mind that AFAIK there was a rip with only 36 tracks (missing the last track), presumably from a promotional pre-release. This would explain the "NOT FOR SALE" tag on the booklet back, if it was one.

But maybe they just messed things up and there isn't a pre-release version at all, the sticker is indeed a sticker and everyone can sleep soundly again this night *g*

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Speaking of stickers, I have an anime-related CD with a huge obi that covers not only the spine, but also has a sticker attached that covers the entire back portion of the case. Love this stuff.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:25 AM
Trusted Editor

I'm now watching the animation and I must say that the music works surprisingly well for this one. I own the OST for the game and even if the composition is well done, it's not one of my favorites. It gets a bit boring with the time - however I dunno how well the music works inside the game.

But for the anime, it's pretty good

EDIT: I just noticed that Kalafina's Seventh Heaven Limited Edition has also one of those huge obi/sticker combination that blah already mentioned. I covers the entire back of the DVD-sized box and features a character (which I don't know) from the anime "the Garden of sinners". I have to admit, that's pretty cool

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Nov 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 08:16 PM

actually, the anime is 7 movies (+a coming 8th) and its name is Kara no Kyoukai ~the Garden of sinners~ (I could add that to the db, yuki kajiura composed it)
Old Dec 4, 2010, 01:13 AM
Trusted Editor

Yeah, my favorite Type-Moon anime/OVA series. I think we already have all the promo soundtracks (for each movie) in the database, but we're still mising the vocal theme album by Kalafina (seventh heaven).

Anyway, where did you read about a continuation of the series? I think the ending was pretty solid, so I'm really wondering why they would create another part?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:30 AM

iirc it's an OAD (original animation dvd)
I could retrieve the catalog number for the dvd (don't remember if a blu-ray...)

EDIT: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSB-2895

Last edited by Phonograph; Dec 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 02:37 PM

Replying to a decade-plus old topic, according to the CDJapan listing, the First Press bonus was a "jacket illustration sticker, pictured-labeled". I'm guessing this is the sticker in question. I just bought my copy from them, and it unsurprisingly didn't come with the sticker.

I've also added a scan of the booklet back, as well as changing the booklet scan descriptions to be page numbers for site-wide consistency (from what I've seen).

Last edited by Blaqthourne; Dec 12, 2023 at 02:40 PM.