VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

Default Permission to delete your own, completely new submitted data

It's clear why a regular user can't delete data submitted by other people (tracklists, covers, artist images etc.), but regular user can't delete his/her own, completely new (not edited) data... Can that be changed?
I'll give some of my errors to ilustrate this:
Submitted a new tracklist, but realized I forgot few entries (say, I've put 15 tracks, but there were 18). So, the only way to correct this is to make a new tracklist (because new tracks can't be added to an existing tracklist, at least I haven't found a way). But that also leaves the matter of deleting the old, incomplete list, which I couldn't do.
Or when I (today) uploaded two almost identical artist images, and couldn't delete the unnecessary duplicate.

I mean, I don't know a thing about programming, databases and all that, but is it possible to adjust the delete function for cases like these?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I wanted to give users this ability for some small window of time after they submitted, maybe a couple of hours. We just never really had time to work on that one.

For now, if you rename the erroneous tracklist something like "delete", then staff will know to delete it.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:31 AM
VGMdb Staff

I see. The time window is reasonable too.
It would be nice to add it eventually, whenever that will be, very useful function altogether. Better to remove your own errors than to make additional job for others. Sure it's best not to make errors, but yeah...
Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

Any progress on this?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

No progress on this. The tracklist code needs a few other improvements too, including the ability to add or remove tracks. Maybe this could be the next stuff I work on after finishing up products, but that still means it's pretty far away.