VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:47 AM

It seems that Paper Mario Game Music Soundtrack CD (http://vgmdb.net/album/2035) needs to be added to Tsujiyoko's discography.

Does anyone know is she was involved with Fire Emblem 3 DS?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 08:16 AM

I think this album has already been linked to her discography, but since it is a reprint of Mario Story Original Soundtrack, it doesn't appears on the page (something we may have to change).
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:39 PM

Aliases - Yuka Baba
This name is really a self-mockery name, fun lol.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:06 PM

The rocket baby interview is non-functional. Fortunately I have saved a document file of it.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 02:30 PM

It seems that recently Tsujiyoko composed for Pokémon Picross. This might be the first game not related to Intelligent Systems she has ever composed for (other than Smash Bros.).
Old Apr 29, 2016, 02:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Tsujiyoko did "sound" with a bunch of other random people for the 2004 Konami GBA game Croket! Great Jikuu no Boukensha too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS0byZujmq0&t=21m50s. That's the only other one I'm aware of though.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 02:12 AM

With regards to Picross, it could be she likes doing puzzle games. Like in Tetris Battle. Also many of the 3ds eshop software has nintendo staff doing sound. Minako Hamano and Kenji Yamamoto supervised the Mii plaza games.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 02:38 AM

If you are referring to Tetris Attack, she only made one single arrangement according to this interview. What really struck me about Picross, and maybe that GBA game, is that those are really among the few works she did that are not related to IS (she still gets credited on practically every Fire Emblem game), so it wouldn't be really obvious that she freelanced if she hadn't clarified in that interview. I really wonder what has she been up to since she left, even if it is not related to gaming.

Also, Yamamoto and Hamano have supervised hundreds of externally developed games published by Nintendo, so more than an actual song input what they did may be something on the lines of music QA (much like what Koji Kondo does nowadays), like ensuring it fits the Nintendo standards and whatnot. They don't seem to compose too much these days.

Last edited by RBM95; Sep 16, 2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 04:30 PM

So I’ve been looking up info on old Intelligent Systems staff, and in my search I found another game Yuka Tsujiyoko composed for: https://youtu.be/h-pqJC3wg5s?t=6904

It’s developed by Future Creates, the same devs behind the other Konami published game she composed for. They were a small company started by former IS programmers Yasuhiko Fuji and Isamu Kubota. Jupiter also assisted on this project with Hatao Ogta having a producer role. He used to work at Intelligent Systems before he went to Jupiter, and was a high ranking executive at both companies. This might explain why she chose these projects(and Pokemon Picross later) as the people behind them were her old colleagues.

On Future Creates old site they had a list the games they were majorly involved with. They credited themselves with sound as well even though they had no in house composers, so I think it’s possible she could have composed for some of their other titles. Here is a list of what they had on their website (I’ve marked the ones she’s already confirmed to have worked on and the ones she had nothing to do with)

ESPN winter XGAMES snowboarding2002 (Dec. 2001)(Future Creates; Konami) = ?
大好きテディ (Apr. 2002)(Future Creats; MTO) = ?
わがままフェアリー ミルモでポン!~黄金マラカスの伝説~ (Dec. 2002)(Future Creates; Konami) = No
きせっこぐるみぃ (Jan. 2003)(Future Creates; MTO) = ?
わがままフェアリー ミルモでポン!~対戦まほうだま~ (Sep. 2003) (Future Creates; Konami) = Yes
コロッケ!Great 時空の冒険者 (Dec. 2004) (Future Creates; Konami) = Yes
魔法先生ネギま! プライベートレッスン ダメですぅ図書館島 (Jun. 2005) (Future Creates; Marvelous = ?
Ys Strategy (Mar. 2006) (Future Creates; Marvelous) = No

I couldn't find any credits on the other ones, but thought some people might find this interesting.

Last edited by Ref; Oct 14, 2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref View Post
わがままフェアリー ミルモでポン!~黄金マラカスの伝説~ (Dec. 2002)(Future Creates; Konami) = ?
No: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21011209 (27:26)
Old Oct 14, 2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Oh, thank you for that. Those credits actually provided me with some very useful information. It indicates that Hiroya Kuriyama another former IS programmer once worked there. His previous studio Zealsoft must have gone completely out of business at this point. (I don't know why I care so much about this, lol)

Also to get back on topic, it seems she recently composed for the Shield Hero RPG Maker game. This news looks to be a few weeks old but I had no idea about it lol. https://www.4gamer.net/games/476/G047634/20190924028