VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:31 AM

why 2.01 人ならざるもの is "Trapped Underground" ?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It looks like it goes back to some old translations from the net. I have no idea what 人ならざるもの should be though.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:57 AM

narazaru is archaism for naranu or naranai, "that which isn't human", "the inhuman one", etc.
Old May 4, 2013, 06:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

MJCG-80066-1 and MJCG-80066-2 are the catalog numbers for the discs, so I moved those to the media fields.
Old May 5, 2013, 08:42 PM

Ah ok, will keep in mind how to deal with this type of cat. nums in the future.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 07:35 PM

About the translation of track 1-25: Boxship. Can "箱船" be interpreted as "Shelcoof"?

Spoiler:
This is the name this specific ship is given in media related to the games, but at the same time I don't believe the Shelcoof is EVER referred to by it's proper name in the entirety of Zwei. Like the first game there isn't very much dialog within the game itself, which is actually a quirk I kind of love about it.

https://panzerdragoon.fandom.com/wiki/Shelcoof

I'm about to watch a play-through of Saga here to see/hear/write down the usage of the the music in context of the game since I just got this OST (I've started to do this for the albums I have my own future reference) so I'll see if this track is used in conjunction with this specific ship.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 08:15 PM

That's a shitty word-for-kanji translation anyway. There's no such thing as a boxship and if you google that you get container ships. The closest thing to 箱船 in English would be "ark."

Last edited by Aifread; Jul 17, 2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
though it's also used in reference to Noah's ark, so perhaps "ark" could work too.
While it's not concrete, I have seen the title "Ark" used in conjunction with this specific track:

https://www.amazon.com/Panzer-Dragoo...s%2C195&sr=8-4

The DL for the Panzer Dragoon Saga Soundtrack on amazon lists the track as "Ark"
Old Jul 22, 2019, 07:57 AM

Okay, I'm getting further into watching this game and soundtrack; this just keeps getting better the deeper I get into it.

I'm so glad they looped "Pure Blood Seed" but I kind of wish they did the same for "Metamorphosis 1," the battle themes are the tracks that really need to room to breathe IMO. I don't think most of these tracks need to loop as much as other soundtracks do but I wish "Forbidden Land" did.

Also, the town themes so far. Holy hell is "Rest" freaking amazing.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Okay, I'm getting further into watching this game and soundtrack; this just keeps getting better the deeper I get into it.

I'm so glad they looped "Pure Blood Seed" but I kind of wish they did the same for "Metamorphosis 1," the battle themes are the tracks that really need to room to breathe IMO. I don't think most of these tracks need to loop as much as other soundtracks do but I wish "Forbidden Land" did.

Also, the town themes so far. Holy hell is "Rest" freaking amazing.
You got to the Uru/Uru Underground Ruins section yet? Pretty special music combo when experienced in-game (1-28, 2-02).
Old Jul 23, 2019, 07:59 AM

my fav track stays "Atrum Dragon" (yeah I say Atrum and not that other idiocy meaning nothing)
Old Jul 23, 2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by student41269 View Post
You got to the Uru/Uru Underground Ruins section yet? Pretty special music combo when experienced in-game (1-28, 2-02).
Yeah, I'm past that and about halfway through the third disc. About 2-02, it somewhat of reminds me of "Blackmoon Forest" in Xenogears. Not the same thing per say, but the echoing just reminds me of the other.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:03 PM

Okay, I just have to ask this question because the closer I get to the conclusion of the game, the more I want to know.

Am I the only one who has a very odd relationship with the cut-scene pieces on this soundtrack? I enjoy some of them but I find others to be very irritating, and I don't mean irritating in a "sounds like nails being scraped over a chalk board" way but a "I swear I've heard a similar motif in a few movies in my life" way. I mean I kind of face-palmed when I heard the opening of "Elevator Chase" - not trying to be an ass but you just HAD to open that piece with violin strings didn't you? Given what is occurring at the part in that FMV I don't think you could be any more cliche.

Anyway, sorry. I'm not trying to dump on the soundtrack but I never thought the FMV pieces would end up being such a point of contention for me when I started looking into this one. One minute I love it and the next I absolutely hate it. Still, I guess the question I want to ask is does anyone into this soundtrack really dig these tracks, or is everyone just focusiing on the during game-play stuff?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 02:38 AM

I wouldn’t know if you’re the only one with such an odd relationship, as you call it, but I’ve never had any displeasure with the cinematic tracks, myself. I’m not sure what the issue you have with the simple string tremolo at the beginning of Elevator Chase is. It’s a common enough device for setting tension, but nothing about it sounds egregious to me, and I’ve always thought it turns into a very cool little track afterwards. I definitely view the FMV tracks as a valuable part of the score.