VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 25, 2018, 02:27 AM

Default Remove sticker glue from jewel case WITHOUT leaving any residue

Going crazy with this.

They said I could use turpentine. Works great on plastic seals with no residue afterward. But then I tried on jewel cases and it leaves a HORRIBLE residue like fog, like it has melted the plastic. This won't go away, so I basically have to throw away the cases, they look absolute crap now.

Then they said lighter fluid would work, but hey I tried on an expendable case and it's the same as turpentine.

Do you guys know what will actually work without destroying the surface of the case? Goo gone? It's not sold anywhere where I live so I'd have to order it online.

I ended up damaging an old Winning Run case with turpentine and I feel real sad about it, it was in fantastic condition with no scratches. Now I don't even want to keep it.