VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 24, 2019, 04:04 PM
Trusted Editor

- Removed Takeshi Ooi as performer, added as conductor
- Added Album info from inserts
- Added composer, arranger, performer, engineer credits from inserts
- Added English tracklist from inserts/back cover
- Added track times from BD source, and pulled the track times from the 2 mp3s on the disc for the last 2 tracks.
- Not a fan of the "(... Vocals)" descriptor in the track title but leaving it in there because it is printed like that. *shrug*

Note: The front cover picture we are using and that is on the official website I don't think is the actual cover. Unless it's like a normal version vs. limited version thing but I don't think so since there's a slipcase. The actual cover of the bluray is exactly the same as the slilpcase cover it is just missing the two characters which I'm assuming are Emil and 2B (never played the game). I'm going to leave it up now since deleting images is permanent but I'm going to set the slipcase to default until someone else can scan it properly.

BD chapter breakdown is as follows:

Title 1:
Chapter 1: Intro ("Please be seated, silence your cellphones", etc., voiced by Mai Kadowaki as Emil)
Chapter 2: MC 1 with Keiichi Okabe, Mai Kadowaki, Yui Ishikawa
Chapter 3 ~ 12: matches up with tracks 1 ~ 10 (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Intermission announcement by Yui Ishikawa
Chapter 14 ~ 23: matches up with tracks 11 ~ 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24: MC 2 with Keiichi Okabe, Mai Kadowaki, Yui Ishikawa, Emi Evans, J'Nique Nicole
Chapter 25: track 21 (Encore?)
Chapter 26: Outro ("Thank you for coming, please buy merch on the way out", voiced by Yui Ishikawa)

Last edited by dancey; Mar 24, 2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Can someone confirm the origin of the image currently labeled "Front" in our images? The big purple one?

I'm finally going through this item myself, and I don't see this anywhere. It's not the front of the BR plastic case, or the booklet front, or ... anything I can see. So unless there's some LE or alternate print I don't know about...

it might have just been a promotional image at some point?

EDIT -- nevermind, found it. This is the front of the booklet that contains the spoken words of Emil and 2B throughout the concert, as well as a written "Encore" performance with 9S that I do not think appeared in the concert. So this image is a booklet front. This booklet is small, I don't know the official size ... it's slightly wider and thinner than a CD jewel case when you turn it on its side, so maybe A6? 4.1 x 5.8 in. I think it is fair to call it a "Libretto," as it also contains the lyrics for those songs performed (it even has Ashes of Dreams in English, though this is only projected on the screen during the show, Emi doesn't sing it).

Anyway, this booklet doesn't fit inside the case of the blu-ray disc and is thus distributed outside it, in its own thin brown paper packaging. A similar thing was done with <<Memories of Puppets>>, though that book was significantly thicker. This booklet has 65 pages, as opposed to Puppet's almost 300 pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's a PDF version of this booklet on the blu-ray disc.

Last edited by Ramza; Apr 27, 2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 08:53 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Because it's always worth typing out (and I will have the scan up soon, from booklet pg. 5-6) ... Yoko Taro's commentary:

Quote:
Hello everyone, YOKO TARO here.

I provide game direction for the NieR series. I was also in charge of overseeing the footage for this orchestral concert and my grand vision this time around was "make everything exactly how Okabe-san wants it." As such, I had no choice but to ask the staff to deliver on the challenging task of painstakingly playing the game such that the footage matches up perfectly with the music. On the day of the concert, just as I was observing the sleep-deprived staff going about their work and feeling terribly sorry for them, the mighty lord Okabe-san leisurely sauntered up partway through the rehearsal and went about happily checking the costumes and such. As I watched him and thought about all the video staff and performers, I was filled with a most tremendous sorrow...and I knew what had to be done.

The above is my statement regarding the time I blew up MONACA, Okabe-san's music studio.