VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:45 AM

Should this be labeled as a US release of the Japanese version? There is one track that is off by a minute which is probably due to a typo, otherwise the tracklist is the same.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:15 PM

Yeah, it's the American version of the soundtrack, though it wasn't released commercially. It was actually a promo that you could order optionally through Nintendo Power magazine back in 2001, just like the Twilight Princess 7-track sampler.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the confirmation. I hooked them up, and corrected track 16.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 02:59 AM

are you sure that the album is the US printing of the JPN one cuz the track lengths arent the same.
i.e. for example on JPN album 1st track is 2:09 and on the US 2:08.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

That's a small 1-second different that could come from one of the albums being measured with the CD, and the other from mp3s.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:33 PM

Sometimes even Foobar and Winamp will differ on their times. A second off doesn't mean it's wrong.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 01:20 AM

The best way to get track times is to load a WAV into a sound editor. It should give you the time down to the milliseconds. Just simply glancing at any possibly estimated time that's given out by programs such as Winamp, Foobar, or even Windows Explorer (by clicking on the file and viewing the length in the folder) can lead to getting an incorrect time, since different programs treat milliseconds different (round up, truncate...). I doubt many people are going to load WAV files into a sound editor, but it is the best way to get an accurate time. I guess you could also use CD software, but I'm never too sure if even that is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
A second off doesn't mean it's wrong.
A second off means one of the two times is wrong. There is only one correct time.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:48 PM

foobar does in fact give exact time down to the millisecond; you have to look under Selection Properties and where it gives the length in there. It even says the total number of samples.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:57 PM

Okay, then that's one place to get accurate track times, as long as you do it from Selection Properties. Don't know how many people do this rather than just batch loading, looking, and copying, but hey.