VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:32 PM

Does anybody have any ideas as to who "SHIGEKI" is? That credit has been driving me nuts for years.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:26 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I remember reading it was Shigeki Hayashi, but I don't remember where, so I can't say it's true.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:06 AM

Since someone changed it recently and I just reverted it, I'll explain my reasoning:

The "dics" note is not there to be juvenile. It's an odd, interesting characteristic that defines this specific printing of the album and should be noted as a means of identification.

Last edited by Judge Ito; Apr 2, 2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:22 AM

Just to explain my reasoning behind editing this particular title: FRONT MISSION only appears in caps on a single place, the back on a spine. Everywhere else it is in lowercase (including somewhere else on the back). It's in lowercase on the front, the back, somewhere in the booklet, and on both discs, so I changed it to lowercase. We can always open up a discussion in the submission guidelines thread about which parts of a release have more weight when it comes to choosing titles if we want, but right now I'm going for majority rules (when it's this overwhelming, at least).
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:36 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I was reading Sting's Shigeki Hayashi was apparently Koji Hayama's disciple.

A bit of googling to recheck and yep, according to this message by Hayama his disciple 林シゲキ (Shigeki Hayashi) went to Sting.

Since this album was partially composed by Hayama, no doubt SHIGEKI = Shigeki Hayashi. Most curious.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:22 AM

Mystery solved, thanks Dag!
Old Jul 20, 2020, 09:24 AM

I wonder why Square decided to outsource the audio for this game. I understand Noriko Matsueda was busy with Racing Lagoon at the time, and Hitoshi Sakimoto recommended Matsuo specifically, but why hire outside the company at all?

It's very curious, because I feel like Kenichiro Fukui would have been perfect for this, and there's a massive three year gap in his gameography between 1997's Einhander and 2000's All-Star Pro Wrestling. Someone needs to interview him, and get some clarification on if there was a project he was working on that got cancelled or shelved during this period.