VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 1, 2013, 08:43 PM

So, while this game can be played in a Nintendo DS, albeit with a flash cart, it can also be played via emulator, which is why I included 'PC' as a platform. Is this okay? I mean, it kind of makes sense...right?

I just want to get someone else's take. And yes, this all reeks of "questionable variables", but that's not what this is about.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 02:13 AM

I get your reasoning, but it wouldn't be correct. Since it was meant to be a game for the Nintendo DS (otherwise, why develop as it), I think the PC as a platform doesn't really belong here. The game isn't using any PC-specific feature as it wasn't programmed for it. Otherwise, we could update this LucasArts music compilation and add all the platforms ScummVM runs on.

This raises an interesting question, though. What would happen if we add an album with music for a game with unofficial, but authorized ports like it happened with Another World? Should we add all the platforms the fan ports run on?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 02:25 AM
VGMdb Staff

Represented platforms are the ones the game is officially released/made for, emulators don't count; otherwise one could list PC almost for every console so far because there are various emulators (PCSX2 - PS2 emulation, PPSSPP - PSP emulation, nullDC - Dreamcast emulation, DeSmuMe - NDS emulation and so on, not to mention really old consoles).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 03:49 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
This raises an interesting question, though. What would happen if we add an album with music for a game with unofficial, but authorized ports like it happened with Another World? Should we add all the platforms the fan ports run on?
I'll answer as usual, depends the date of the CD/album and the date(s) of the game(s). If it was ported years later after the album release then no.

Like Efendija said, emulators is out of question, PC can emulate nearly everything, but consoles can also emulates other platforms, that would be a big mess.