VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 26, 2008, 05:51 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I added "Symphonic suite from Actraiser" as an alternate title. The correct title is still Synphonic suite from Actraiser, with spelling mistake and all (as printed on the album cover and back).
Old May 7, 2014, 08:41 PM

Per above, "Synphonic" should definitely be the display title. For the record, it's not entirely a misspelling; the word "symphony" is transliterated into Japanese with "シン[...]" as opposed to something like "シム[...]"... which may have something to do with the Italian term "sinfonia".

And per my post in the topic on the main album, I'm not sure why we should be using "localized" spellings, or why there's the need for a translated tracklist at all since this album uses romaji too.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:06 AM

This album needs to be dug up from the archives and properly remastered to more current standards already. The disc volume is low, which can be fixed, but tracks that feature calmer tunes could use balancing with the burst of furiously paced tracks. Also, the soundstage begs to be enhanced. Surprised Koshiro never brought this one back to light after he gave the original soundtrack a re-release, remaster on his works volumes.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 04:25 PM

While yes, "Intermezzo I" could have its volume boosted 16.7 dB before any part of it would reach the maximum level possible, track 1 already does hit the max! It's not the quietest orchestral album I've ever encountered though. True, it's not a great sounding recording, but I've heard worse too. Not sure how much could be done to fix that in mastering, but perhaps a remix could do the trick. But if the multitracks themselves are lackluster, as could be the case by the sound of it, ...
Old Nov 21, 2018, 08:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor

"Actraiser Symphonic Suite 2018" concert performance has been announced by Yuzo!

On Dec 1st, 2018 by the New Japan BGM Philharmonic!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1064859526447292417 (rehearsal video promo)

http://njbp.org/concert/concert1/
Old Aug 20, 2021, 05:33 AM

I also got this in line with the track lists of the other albums as it mixed some Japanese (Satan) and English localized terminology (the location names) here as well.