VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 29, 2022, 03:55 PM

Does anyone know if any of these tracks are new or if they are just a mix of tracks from https://vgmdb.net/album/2943 and https://vgmdb.net/album/1275?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 04:04 PM
Trusted Editor

I don't have the other two discs but comparing it to rips on YouTube it sounds like they're the same.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
I don't have the other two discs but comparing it to rips on YouTube it sounds like they're the same.
Ok, thanks for looking into it!
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:23 PM

So this is Midi Power Pro 6 mixed with the Arranges from Dracula Midi Collection.
So we still have no new release of those floppy disk sound released with the Midi POwer Pro 6?. I was actually expecting that in here :/

The Perfect Selections could be added somehow, if still arranges were collected, why not those?

Apart the soundtracks, the perfect selections, Midi power pro and Midi collection, are actually the castlevania albums i hear the most.

Harmony of Dissonance still needs urgently a full arrange album

Last edited by RomanticScent; Oct 31, 2022 at 10:33 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 06:20 AM

CotM and HoD still need a proper release, right? Or did I miss it? At least a decent one, if proper is too hard to do.

On a side note, I expect this cd to be never reprinted and since it was only available if you bought both boxes on konamistyle... this is probably out in lower numbers than OoE's soundtrack. i don't mean to say it will be worth money, but if you want a copy, don't wait too long like i always do "coz eventually i'll find a super cheap one"

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Nov 1, 2022 at 06:22 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
CotM and HoD still need a proper release, right?
No, what I meant, is that Harmony of dissonance has a a very bad sound recording. The soundtrack seems good, but i just can't here it as it is so noisy. Not like Circle of the Moon or Aria of Sorrow, which the sound was actually audible.
What i mean is, since HoD sound was bad, it needs an urgent arrange album.
I would love, but we wont see that, Like Michiru did with Portrait of ruin. (i think it was that?) one disc the game sound soundtrack, the second disc the full arrange soundtrack

because someone is bullshit here, and dumb retard as hell, i will leave here the info for this item

Composed by Michiru Yamane
except M-06,13 by akiropito

Arranged by:
USP (01, 13, 14)
Eisaku "Bootsy" Nambu (01, 11)
Haruhiko "Boot" Kuroiwa (04, 05, 10)
Hiroshi "Ebi-chan" Ebihara (03, 06~09)

M-01 Piano: Mai Iida

Edit1:

and daamn.... someone wrote so much info about Dragon quest anime ost 2, here comes the asshole erasing all the work the person had on writing it....
I remember when this place was.... you know.... not asshole fest.

which leads me to do this:
https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread....497#post109497

Last edited by RomanticScent; Nov 1, 2022 at 07:15 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:16 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
because someone is bullshit here, and dumb retard as hell, i will leave here the info for this item
There's no bullshit, just you not understanding how sourcing works. I mean, what's the source for that breakdown. You're not stating it on the post, can't be that hard to understand.

Edit: and about that Dragon Quest, I could easily type same stuff and but use some other Yuki Hayashi album as source. And we should accept it as a truth? I mean, you need to provide sources for your edits, it ain't rocket science. How else mods can verify the information.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
So this is Midi Power Pro 6 mixed with the Arranges from Dracula Midi Collection.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:27 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
You can dot dot dot all you want, but when the edit comments don't have that info, it can't be verified. So, instead of staying mad because your edits got undo'd, maybe learn how to actually put down the sources for stuff. Unless you want to be that asshole.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:29 AM

FUK YOU ALL
Fuk all this
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:32 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
If I do something wrong, please pm me to let me know.
So much about that, seeing how you can't take criticism. But bye felicia.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:44 AM

that sort of "reaction" isn't subject to banning from the site?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 08:56 AM

The greatest offense of all here is the besmirching of Harmony of Dissonance, the greatest Castlevania soundtrack since 3.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 09:31 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:

Composed by Michiru Yamane
except M-06,13 by akiropito

Arranged by:
USP (01, 13, 14)
Eisaku "Bootsy" Nambu (01, 11)
Haruhiko "Boot" Kuroiwa (04, 05, 10)
Hiroshi "Ebi-chan" Ebihara (03, 06~09)

M-01 Piano: Mai Iida
Sorry, but information submitted to VGMdb needs to be sourced and cannot be accepted just on your say-so. The reasons for this are two-fold:

i) Users who are viewing the entries even many years from now should be able to look at the edit history and check/verify where a specific piece of information came from.
ii) Providing sources allows for verification by staff. It shouldn't be left as an exercise to staff to figure out where you may or may not have gotten your information from.

I guess these credits are being taken from other VGMdb entries so an appropriate submission comment would be something like:
"info add" is not an acceptable submission comment.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 05:58 PM

Just to clarify, sorry if it wasn't clear, I was referring to KMCA-102, which is not a good album (in terms of quality, loop, etc.), and I meant that both games need a proper re-recording. I don't care much about arranges

I said that since I have not listened to the Best Music Collections Box and the more recent Black/Red boxes, but apparently they are NOT fresh re-recordings, they just use existing recordings and mess up with loudness/volume.

Aaaand yes, I also love HoD's music. I love the game too. It's my secret favourite Castlevania game. In retrospective, it's a very original entry, despite licking SotN here and there. Isn't this the game that introduced boss rush to the series? (I could be wrong)

hopefully romanticscent can be unbanned and she can explained where she got the info from. peace and love
Old Nov 2, 2022, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Like Michiru did with Portrait of ruin. (i think it was that?) one disc the game sound soundtrack, the second disc the full arrange soundtrack

There's no arranged soundtrack for Portrait. It's the same music run through a different synthesizer. Though granted the instruments are a bit different....but if anything, the game version is the 'arrangement' given that the other versions are referred to as 'original sound'
Old Nov 2, 2022, 05:12 AM

Yes, those are the initial versions Yamane and Koshiro made using standard music tools before they were arranged and programmed for the game soundfont (by one or more of the several people credited for sound programming or arrangement). This was pretty commonly done in the SNES era too.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Just to clarify, sorry if it wasn't clear, I was referring to KMCA-102, which is not a good album (in terms of quality, loop, etc.), and I meant that both games need a proper re-recording.
I would love this too. Don't see it happening however. I'd also like to see Wild Arms 2 looped, but....